Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 11 months ago #193148

Head gasket all back together and running . Great sound ..Ran for a few mins without exhaust . Need ex man gasket
That tensioner is a pain to re set
Just for information is a new auto tensioner locked in OFF position for Installation?
Helping refurb MGC NO NIGHTMARES!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 11 months ago #193151

I finished putting aluminium coolant pipes under my F The old ones had a pin hole in one of them. I had to flare the pipe as the first time I did it the rubber hose just slipped off when it got up to temp & pressure. I did it in 4 pieces of tube & just used the rubber for the bends in the front, I was able to throw a fair bit of the rubber hose out & made the tube go closer to the radiator. It should add to the cooling capacity as well.
I cleaned the radiator out too it probably only had 60% of its tubes open. I used a long piece of copper to push gunk out.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193289

Got of to a very slow start on my restoration due to a few reasons, but finally got back on track.
Put my front sub-frame in for sandblasting and managed to get it back before lock-down. All the other parts i sandblasted myself primed and painted during this week. Still got the hubs to do but should get this done once i get more blast media. More than happy with the results.

I've started on the bodywork today,cutting out a rusty section from the rear wheel arch and sill. Intention was to repair it then weld it back in. Unfortunately it was to far gone so I've made a trial run on fabricating a replacement section. It's turned out not to bad but will need a bit more work.
Wife and i should have been in New York this week. Still had the week off so thought I'd make good use of it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by Postman87.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193292

Just returned from the MOT station........ Passed again! Another year of carefree motoring in my 2004 TF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193301

Good to see MOT pass .My F running good PO had plug leads wrong way .that is the flying leads they are now far from its coil pack . I know all about lost spark .so front coil lead goes to 4
Coil pack 3 goes to 2 .
before it was
1 coil 2 lead. 3 coil 4 lead are we goin mad?
Head gasket replacement looks good at the moment no thermostat just the open blank . PRT in later .this week
Good battery looks like the secret of good starting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Last edit: Post by Fiddler. Reason: Adding info

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193314

Changed the inlet stepper motor in a bid to sort the veriable tickover but not tested it.

Replaced the rear n/s control arm but not tested it.

Noticed one of the exhaust down pipes is touching the subframe but not fixed it

Noticed both silencer mounts need attention but not done anything about it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193331

MOT passed... first one in fifteen years!!!!!

Left it at the garage to have the wheel alignment done after the rear sub-frame overhaul but will be taxed on 1/6/20 and hopefully the sun will hang around for a few weeks....

Now to make the interior a place I want to be.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper, SundanceUK, Fisher

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193446

PRT fitted up front with 32mm t piece and 32mm silicone rad hose . Hope all is ok .car ran up to temperature .Changed oil and filter .old .oil a bit like coffee with HGF water mixed . It had only done one mile might be good for lathe cutting fluid .Drill coolant.
Can any one tell me exactly where a hose
Restrictor goes in the one .(which one)
Out of the engine helps temperature switch on rad fan .Near the sensors in
Outlet.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193447

Sorry mate, most of that doesn't make sense.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193463

Sorry to be confusing .No need info as all running well .Temperature very steady .
Next job fit Ali radiator and replace n.s headlight

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193562

Bad clearcoat damage peeling only on bonnet. Removed with abrasive orbital discs . So will be spraying barcoat sealer primer and 2k solar red .all other panels are ok . Anyone stripped back to bare metal ? With paint stripper ? Might be quicker

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 3 years 10 months ago #193563

Sorry most things I talk about don't make sense. Look through the drivel !

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT