Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142929

Yes Adam, your how-to was one of the ones I checked out. I just drilled the EPAS bracket to match the unused holes on the bar & then fired up a wee air grinder.

Had a worrying moment when I took a look behind the dash & saw an ember glowing though. Was just about to dump the CO2 in when I realised it was the OBD reader on the far side flashing...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142934

I took the seazed alternator out, the top bolt had rust in place so although the nut cam off as expected it took WD40, 8oz hammer, marquee tent peg and lots of patience to get it out due to the lack of space to swing a hammer. Took longer than everything else from unlocking the car to washing my hands afterwards.

Now just got to get the new one, have spent even longer on the net trying to find the best deal.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142939

Hi T C You could go for an up rated one 110Ah from Victoria auto parts
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142951

Boring but useful...I changed the fuel filter (a sod of a job as someone previously had seriously over tightened it) the oil filter and the oil (got Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 fully S this time for the same price as Magnatec locally). I also adjusted the gear box cables so I can get reverse without a graunch (I hope). I've also ditched the sound proofing over the engine cover (but retained the 'carpet' bit) as I was fed-up fighting it everytime I wanted to get to the cover.....it doesn't seem much louder without all the felt but then I'm nearly deaf in one ear anyway courtesy of a cartidge exploding in the breach of a rifle years ago (cheap Indian ammo).

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142958

This weekend? Nothing, absolutely nothing, I haven't even washed her in protest of the fact that I feel as if all my spare time lately has bee spent on this car. I have serviced her and happily as this was long overdue but I had to pay the garage £400 just to get her through the MOT and it was stuff I couldn't do so I'm really pissed. Then she spat her dummy at the washer pump, driving with that out of order risks a 1k fine so Thursday evening I was out there in the rain and wind replacing it so this weekend is mine. No Imelda, NO!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142965

I thought about it but I've never been short of power and it's nearly twice the price of some.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142981

I thought about it but I've never been short of power and it's nearly twice the price of some.

You're correct; you will never be able to use the 110A on an MGF-TF unless you want to run your welding set off it while you are driving, even if you kept the 80A fuse which is in connected in series on the alternator output line it would not blow (unless you had short) the 85A is more than plenty.

Brian.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142991

Finally got around to washing "Blue 33" waste of time that was what with the field work going on around us and the rain she was covering is spots if rain/mud mixed the very next day :bang:

Put her carpets back in too and cleaned off the seats again.........cream seats show muck quickly.

Only checked coolant and oil levels on "Elsie" and driven her in fact filled her tank up the other day to use the 6p off voucher we got so will be interesting to see how she is doing consumption wise. Have just ordered the O/S/F lower ball joint so that too has to be fitted once it arrives.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #143000

filled her tank up the other day to use the 6p off voucher we got so will be interesting to see how she is doing consumption wise. .

www.fuelly.com/talkingcars - get yourself an account.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #143003

Yes Adam, your how-to was one of the ones I checked out. I just drilled the EPAS bracket to match the unused holes on the bar & then fired up a wee air grinder.

Had a worrying moment when I took a look behind the dash & saw an ember glowing though. Was just about to dump the CO2 in when I realised it was the OBD reader on the far side flashing...

Now I'm tempted to get the grinder out ...... hmmmm always something to play with!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #143049

Hi all
I am getting my car TERRACLEANED tomorrow [ see failed mot ]
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #143053

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Fitted my new fuel pump eventually. Who designed that thing? What a complete pita!
One of those jobs where three hands would be useful. :bang: Except you couldn't get three hands into the access hole anyway!

Anyway- fitted now and we have lift off. :woohoo: :drive:
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT