Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF Towbar 7 years 5 months ago #173544

Personally I think the issue is nose weight rather than the car stretching. There is no strength in the back of the car to press down on....

When I was a lad my mates dad stretched his Granada estate by tow a horse box bigger than approved.

taking a guess on your age.....the granada estate when you were a lad would of been a mk1......and i reckon there wasnt a lot holding them together floorpan wise unless it was a newen...they were nicknamed the dagenham dustbin... :P
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

MGF Towbar 7 years 5 months ago #173548

A friend made his own tow bar kit for the F for pulling a small trailer, it seems to work quite well.
Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

MGF Towbar 7 years 5 months ago #173557

Personally I think the issue is nose weight rather than the car stretching. There is no strength in the back of the car to press down on....

When I was a lad my mates dad stretched his Granada estate by tow a horse box bigger than approved.

taking a guess on your age.....the granada estate when you were a lad would of been a mk1......and i reckon there wasnt a lot holding them together floorpan wise unless it was a newen...they were nicknamed the dagenham dustbin... :P

No, it was a later model and was brand new, he tried claiming on the 12 month warrantee.

And in my corner of the world "Dagenham Dustbin" referred to any car from the Essex factory.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MGF Towbar 7 years 5 months ago #173593

well if someone does get a towbar fitted theres plenty of mg theme trailers to choose from...
Attachments:

MGF Towbar 2 years 6 months ago #197350

I like the trailers made from Top Boxes, look really good. I Made and fitted a tow bar on my 7 Style kit car. Came in very useful. It made not one bit of difference to the way the car drove.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by ips1. Reason: Add Pics
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT