Sign In   Register

Topic

Cubby Hole attempt 4 years 5 months ago #191764

Hi ,bit tied up today but will get some sketches and a few more photographs posted for you .... in addition to trimming the back of the the R 25 unit l also trimmed the lip of the unit which allowed it to sit more neatly into the aperture in the dashboard , l did no trimming or modification to the existing dashboard, pics to follow
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cubby Hole attempt 4 years 5 months ago #191767

Hi again , few pics that speak a 1000 words really, hope the sketch makes sense, ...I have included a couple of lights in the roof of mine that operate with the door lights for effect... the screws holes you see in the edge are to grip the cubby in place , not much else to report other than it took ages to hone the shape ... & I used pape- Mache' to help make a template for the back box/ & the amount to cut off the rear ..cut little & often to get there ( you can cut more off , but never nail it back on !) hope all this helps. , last photo, so the door ajar, looks like the devil's glove Box...lol

Cubby Hole attempt 4 years 5 months ago #191768

.....As I said mine has the powersteering ECU so could not cut off steering brackets, which meant I had to shorten the cubby (I still think it would still be a little tight)…..

Move the EPAS ECU, it could sit between the glovebox and the cubby hole, lengthen the wiring if need be.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Cubby Hole attempt 4 years 5 months ago #191771

ps . I had to use a really harsh rasp/ file to reduce the plastic lip on the cubby ( once I finished with a fine bladed saw) & then smoothed off with a medium file ..the plastic is tougher than you think ,slow & east does it... & you'll get a result. ..post a pic so I can see what you've achieved ! 👍

Cubby Hole attempt 4 years 5 months ago #191776

HI Fil6909
Pic are great will review and attempt the lip reduction in a week or two. Just got the get the confidence to do it.

Regards and thanks again for you help and assistance.

Robert

Cubby Hole attempt 4 years 5 months ago #191791

No probs , shout up if you need anything else clarifying.. I took the view that slow & steady wins, but the worst that can happen is you cock up a £20 rover part & have to start again.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT