• Page:

Topic

Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #74762

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Not sure if this has been posted before, but stumbled on these guys who not only supply "upgraded" resistors to repair the resistor pack in the blower.

You can even send them your resistor pack and they will repair it and send back the same day.

http://www.rezpax.com/userimages/procart4.htm

Anyone used them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: pendle lass, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #74771

I have used them twice they provide easy to follow instructions which even though I had never picked up a soldering iron before I was able to do the job easily.
I am sure the resistors could be sourced cheaper but for what it cost it wasn't worth the bother
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #74819

just ordered, will post back when they arrive :)
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #77869

ok boys and girls, got the resistors, and they were well packaged. 3 wire coils, in a plastic pot. so far so good :)

1. open your glove box and remove all of the contents. you will notice two phillips screws, one each side on the outer edge of the glove box. remove both of these.

2. underneath the glove box you will see a further two screws, undo, but do not remove these two completely. they will slide out of the grooves they are in without being removed totally.

3. pull the glove box forwards, bearing in mind that you have stil got the light and switch assembly plugged in. once you have access to the light and switch, unplug them,and pull the glove box clear.

4. you will now see a big plastic elbow duct, running from the front bulkhead to the heater fan. on the front bulkhead (left hand side) there is a 10mm nut. remove this and the elbow will pull clear.

5. you will now have a view similar to this, but a different colour if you don't have a red car lol

behind the big flexible duct, you should see this (but there will be a bit with a plug attached in the hole lol

6. remove the plug, and the two phillips screws holding the resistor pack in. then remove the resistor pack.

7. you now have the resistor pack in your hand. take a look for the broken coils. the thinnest one controls speed 1, the next up speed 2, and the third and thickest coil is speed three. if you have bought the kit from rezpax, you might as well replace all three for the new ones.

so, on to the actual repair bit:

8. get yourself a soldering iron, a solder sucker (much much easier with this, believe me) and some solder. begin by removing the three resistors, and removing all of the solder from the posts.

9. So, i hope that you remembered which pins were for which resistors :slapme: good job i took note isn't it :yesnod:

the thickest one goes between H and LH, the medium one between L and LH, and the fine one between M and L. i found the best way to do it is to fit all of the resistors first, then heat and solder each pin in turn. they do take some heating, and quite a bit of solder, but it really is easy, honest.

when finsished, it should look like this:

and then, refitting is the reverse of removal. simples

then test, and sit back and smile at your fully functioning fan :broon:

cheers,

Lee
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: fast jan, bryan young, Leigh Ping, petetf160, bandit, Tracey

Last edit: Post by groovylee. Reason: fixing pics

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #77873

we have used these dead simple. i think even you could manage this interior :P

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #77874

Invalid or non-existent item ID.thanks its a job i need to do,these are supposed to be better ?

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #77876

i guess so, but i don't know from experience i'm afraid :(

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #77895

I bought the rezpak set before i checked the blower :bang: When i took it out i found it to be ok and had been replaced with a new unit a few years ago. saw no point in fixing it now as it aint broke. :whistle:

Re: Heater blower repair 11 years 6 months ago #77902

This has been a good, informative thread that may come in handy for others. Added to the guides section. Nice pics GroovyLee. :broon:

Heater Blower - Heater blower repair guide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bandit

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT