Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MG Leather Interior Project Guide. 11 years 6 months ago #78239

Hi, i'm new! Can i ask a question please? This looks amazing, i am a patient person and might give this a go myself, maybe do opposite colours though!! Can i ask, what the overlap was u added on? Was it about 2-3mm? Also am i correct in thinking the white stitching is a cosmetic touch and the main stitch is the black?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MG Leather Interior Project Guide. 11 years 6 months ago #78240

:welcome: Might be worth sending a pm to 'Davmor', the original poster. :)

Re: Leather Interior Project/How to 11 years 6 months ago #78241

This is same company i use,if you send a sample they will match exact colour

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Don't quote too much info please :)

Re: MG Leather Interior Project Guide. 11 years 6 months ago #78250

Hi, i'm new! Can i ask a question please? This looks amazing, i am a patient person and might give this a go myself, maybe do opposite colours though!! Can i ask, what the overlap was u added on? Was it about 2-3mm? Also am i correct in thinking the white stitching is a cosmetic touch and the main stitch is the black?

The main stitching should be the colour of the leather as you can see it, not a lot of it but if I'd done black I would look like a black line through the seam :omg:

I used an overlap of 5mm but in hindsight 3-4 would have been adequate, just bear in mind that the smaller you make it the more fiddly it becomes. I had the odd inch here and there (when I was loosing patience) where the overlap wasn't consistent and the trim stitch only went through one layer of leather, not a big drama but it takes some time to make those bits look consistent. Just bear that in mind.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT