Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #660

Thanks all gives me all the ammo i need, Like i wasn't going to fit it anyway :lol:

As for the 160 good food for thought. :idea: Now I do need to get an engine for ABI so 160 for tiny and swap the engines :drool5:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #661

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

The 160 is mine! My own! My precioussss...

Nope, you don't want it. Step away from the 160, nothing to see.

I have to keep some edge over you. :)

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #668

Thanks all gives me all the ammo i need, Like i wasn't going to fit it anyway :lol:

As for the 160 good food for thought. :idea: Now I do need to get an engine for ABI so 160 for tiny and swap the engines :drool5:

It's possible. Both Tiny and Abi are MPi's so that's the easiest bit done. The 160 into Tiny though will require a lot of wiring work to be done, not impossible though :help:

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #669

It's possible. Both Tiny and Abi are MPi's so that's the easiest bit done. The 160 into Tiny though will require a lot of wiring work to be done, not impossible though :help:

I also need some wiring work done as I have buggered my boot loom and would like electric wing mirrors. so if i was to buy a loom . Hmmm...

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #853

I also need some wiring work done as I have buggered my boot loom and would like electric wing mirrors. so if i was to buy a loom . Hmmm...

We can the strip out the whole car to rewire it all :lol:

Seriously though, would be easier to repair or just replace the bits that are broken rather than do the whole lot. The engine bit only requires the engine loom extras and you could just add that bit in :hurray:

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #864

Keep the Trophy spoiler and argue that you need it to help stability at higher speed:driving:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #886

Keep the Trophy spoiler and argue that you need it to help stability at higher speed:driving:

I have used this arguement and now won :woo: so it will me off to the paint shop soon for spraying.

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #892

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
I have to say, I agree with the general consensus, Trophy the front and tell her its to improve the handling.

Craig

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #894

Definitely a Trophy front spoiler - am getting mine fitted on Monday.

The front bumper, lower section is the one bit of the F that could do with improvement IMHO. The original just looks too high.

The Trophy front spoiler is an original MG mod too, as mentioned before, so you are not deviating off the MG track.

Paul

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #1081

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
I may get a virtual kicking for this statement but here goes;

your relationship is/should be more important than a mod to your car so dont risk it by being stubborn, having said that you could use all your powers of persuasion by telling her that you are only thinking of her/your safety as it will add stability at speed and reduce the risk of crashing without changing the look of the car too drastically.

good luck

Am I doing the right thing? 14 years 5 months ago #1092

Being a female myself,.....what you have to do is mention to your OH about the safety aspect of having a trophy front spoiler, that it is an original MG part, etc etc....................but then say to her you are not going to do it.............then your OH will think about it and say, 'I think I would like a trophy front spoiler'................reverse psychology........maybe:poke:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT