Sign In   Register

Topic

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155133

I am also a member of the MGOC club and have posted on their forum some of the problems MGF owners have experienced with these kits. I have also expressed a wish to know what the upgrades are. Lets hope I get some kind of response!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155135

I too am a member and have also posted on the forum about this topic but response to date.
Mark
95 MGF

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155142

That's the total response then on this subject on the MGOC forum- 3 posts from T-Bar members :dry:
Makes me wonder how many of these kits have actually been fitted ;)

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155144

Certainly doesn't sound like the 100s quoted by Suplex
Robin ;)

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155160

There is now a reply by Roger on the MGOC forum for those able to read it. He does state that over 1000 of these kits have been sold with very few complaints and quality is now much better than in the early days of production.

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155165

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Well, that's all right then.
:bang:
David
:shrug:

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 3 months ago #155170

1000+ F owners who have had sphere failure, who happen to know about Suplex, and who think it's worth spending more on the car than the car is probably worth.... hmmmm

Plus it's not the number of failures, it's the fact it causes failures at all... with no mention of it from the manufacturer. Let's sweep old problems under the carpet and stick our head in the sand. I wonder if he has any explanation of the issues David and others have had with little or no help......

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 8 years 2 months ago #165210

HEEEELP!
I am a New owner of an f from 96. Having replaced the suspension with, unfortunately, the suplex system. I did also experience the clonk, especially fra the front left. Whell this i now solved. BUT i have major problems ridning on slighty bumped roads ("normal" holes on the roads in Denmark). If i hit a hole on One site, there i no issues. If i hit with both front whells the front of the car hits the Road! But why? The weight is in the back of the car and there is no issues hitting the Road in the back.. What Can i do to get a car reasonable for riding, without being scared of smaller differencens on the roads....?

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 8 years 2 months ago #165211

And i bought this kit in january 2016......

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 8 years 2 months ago #165213

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your problems and sorry I have no experience of this system so can't comment.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 8 years 2 months ago #165219

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
First thing to say is.:welcome2: and commiserations!

Have you contacted Suplex about the issue(s)? If so what is their response?

From my experience and knowledge of the system I know that initially Suplex had issues with the front springs fracturing after a while. To combat this they softened the front springs. Unfortunately this resulted in a very soft wallow-y ride, low ride height and clonking issues.

The issue could very well be low ride height. At what height have you managed to set the front suspension?

With the original springs supplied to me, I couldn't achieve anything like the recommended 350mm ride height. (350mm from wheel centre to wheel arch; vertical height)

Before Suplex stopped talking to me altogether, they supplied me with rear spring canisters for the front. These give a good ride and no clonking but the ride height is too high.
I have managed to achieve an acceptable ride height with these rear cans all around now, but I'm not prepared to post how, on open forum after the shocking way I was fobbed off, by the managing director of Suplex.

If you end up with rear cans for the front, please PM me. I'll let you in on the secret. ;)
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT