Sign In   Register

Topic

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 11 years 2 months ago #101288

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
At present, I think I would go with a Tf subframes swap.
Daz lightyear's alternative system looks promising. More substantial and more adjustable than the Suplex kit, but until I have direct experience of them or hear a third party report it remains only a potential.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 11 years 2 months ago #101331

About a month since I had my sub frame swap and so far so good, how does it compare to the Trophy hydragas? I would say its a smidgin firmer as far as I can remember as my hydragas had been deteriorating for over a year to the point where the last pump up was only a month after the previous one and it was starting to feel like the road was one big cattle grid and I had just about got to the point where I didn't want to drive it.
If I am totally honest and we lived in a perfect world and it was possible to obtain brand new spheres I would have stuck with the hydragas as I preferred the ride but you have to make your choice from whats available and at this moment in time the sub frame swap was the only feasible option and I now have options as in Spax Gaz ETC if I decide I want to soften the ride.
The ride height is now 350mil which when I first saw the car I have to admit I thought it looked very high I was sure that when I measured it the ride height would be 370 plus but I think I had got used to seeing mine when it was lower than it should be and at 350 mil is roughly halfway between a Trophy and a standard F so is acceptable

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 11 years 2 months ago #101365

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
That's good information Gary, thanks.:broon:
David

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 10 years 7 months ago #128742

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Just in case you thought it was safe to slip into the water.
SUPLEX An Update

I am still being contacted by victims of Suplex from here and Europe. They are still shipping out shoddy crap and being suprised when front canisters clonk like Sprocket. They are still sending out replacements that seem to cure the problem, only for it to re-appear a couple of months down the line.
They are still forcing you to buy their poorly engineered Dampers that cause great stress on the damper top mounts.
I have recently received a message from one member in Greece to say his rear top damper mount has cracked, and also that Suplex are sending out some rear canisters for him to try on the front...

Does any of this sound depressingly familiar?
David

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 10 years 7 months ago #128750

I surprised that the MGOC is still marketing Suplex units as a 'viable alternative to hydragas'. Perhaps they have a shed full of them.
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 10 years 7 months ago #128759

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
It also concerns me that a well-known figure in the MG World continues to insist that the system is fine.
Despite being given full access to all my data.

Perhaps, people who are supplied with free product should feel that their public comments on the suitability of the aforementioned product to the wider MG community should carry the rider that 'I have been supplied with, at no charge, more than one set of this product including upgraded items not currently available to the general population who have to buy the product. This may influence my views on this product.'
Or am I too cynical?
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 10 years 1 month ago #139944

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Well, the nearside rear damper top mount has cracked away from the inner wing to match the offside :rant: . :(

As I have dumped the shit Suplex dampers and fitted Gaz adjustables, I can't lay the blame at Suplex's door without some(very small) measure of doubt.
However the fact that the Suplex rear dampers were sitting on their internal bumpstops, allowing NO compression at all meant that all stress of the rear end 'sitting' in the bottom of hollows in the road was forced straight through the top mounts. :dry: makes me strongly suspect them. :pop:
David

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 11 months ago #143635

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
The car's going into the shop on Wednesday to have the damper mount sorted. Plated and welded to match the other side. :yesnod:
David

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 11 months ago #143639

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Talstoy's novel is less than half the length of your Suplex War and Peace version.

Have you ever had any compensation from them over this?

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 11 months ago #143640

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
NOT. A. PENNY.
David

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 11 months ago #143648

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Suplex suspension - my experience(it's not good!). 9 years 10 months ago #143702

After all this then surely it's time to seek legal redress?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT