Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF T Bar upgrade 11 years 10 months ago #55087

Has anybody any experience of upgrading a MGF Mk 1 T Bar to a TF one with speakers? Is it easy? Is any wiring already in place? Mine's a 99 vvc.
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TF T Bar upgrade 11 years 10 months ago #55089

Yeah I upgraded mine. IIRC there was no speaker wire there, and if it was I got rid of it coz it was pretty bad quality. It is a very easy exchange.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Re: TF T Bar upgrade 11 years 10 months ago #55131

I was lucky enough to get one with the bass enclosures moulded in. It was on a stand at MG live a couple of years ago. I think the early ones just had the speakers fixed in place, the sealed boxes extend the bass response. On the 1.6 TF the wires are there on a plug so its a10 minute job to swap out and plug in. The wires are the minimum to do the job but for the amount the rear speakers contribute are fine.
I;ve taken the Tbar off here to get to the engine cover bolts easily the moulded boxes occupy all the volume above the front ones. A PO has damaged the theads on those 3 so I prefer to do it this way.
Only aggro is the white "chistmas tree" fasteners which fall off as you snap ther cover back in :(

And I did treat all that rust while I was there.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT