Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53130

Due to the sad news of a couple of cars being in accidents yesterday which look bad enough to write off well one of them does for sure.

It stirred a memory of something I read on the X part flyer called the close call scheme, not sure if it has already been discussed

Close Call is a programme aimed at keeping MG Rover vehicles on the road by reviewing parts prices on body and mechanical products, so that repair costs become economically
viable. A programme that will build close working relationships between Insurance Companies, Bodyshops and vehicle repairers to ensure all MG Rover vehicles are kept on the road where
possible.

A programme that will guarantee a response turnaround time of 24 hours from receipt of the estimate from the repairer.

The aim of ‘Close Call’ is to keep where possible MG Rover vehicles on the road. We have analysed car parc trends and we
are determined to keep as many MG Rover vehicles on the road
as possible

The steps are as follows
1. - Vehicle is taken to nominated repairer who generates an estimate

2. The Insurance Company/Vehicle Owner receives the estimate from the Repairer. If the vehicle is deemed uneconomical to repair, then it’s a ‘Close Call’.

3. The Repairer contacts the Close Call’ team. [0870 609 2357]. The Repairer submits a copy of the estimate and a request form to the ‘Close Call’ team with Pre-Accident Value of the vehicle and parts saving required.

4. The ‘Close Call’ team review and return revised pricing to the Repairer. The ‘Close Call’ team will keep the vehicle on the road where possible. Turnaround time by the 'Close Call’ team will be 24 hours.

5. The Insurer/ Vehicle Owner decides whether the vehicle is now economical to repair. The Repairer contacts the ‘Close Call’ team with their decision.

6. The ‘Close Call’ team processes the parts order, with agreed pricing. Parts are delivered to the nominated Repairer
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leigh Ping, bensewell, tui

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by pendle lass. Reason: telephone number updated

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53135

This is great news for the marque! Thanks for sharing it. :broon:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53136

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Can anyone join ?
How much ?
How do you ?

Say "Hugs" to Jo for me please Tracy, not a good week for our cars :(

Great post :yesnod:

Last edit: Post by .

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53139

Its just a scheme that X Part run, you dont need to join or anything. Its in their interest to keep our car's on the road

Just make a note of what you need to do and the phone number god forbid you ever have to or I've got a leaflet in PDF format but was too big to go on so if anyone wants its pm me your email and I'll send copies out.

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53145

Sounds like a great idea can't it have a link to it from the forum

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53187

dont forgrt the use of "green" parts - second hand - that can save a lot of cost and save the care - a second hand bumper can be had for £30 rather than £300

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53194

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
I didn't know about this, but it is good to hear! Excellent post, thanks Tracy! God knows we need to keep our cars alive somehow - there seem to be so many write-offs at the moment, in many cases for very minor things :nonod:

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53238

dont forgrt the use of "green" parts - second hand - that can save a lot of cost and save the care - a second hand bumper can be had for £30 rather than £300

Hi Carl, saw you mention this, whats the process for this? Do you just ask the garage or insurance company. I know when I needed a new bumper and I'd asked how long it was going to take they did say it depended on the new bumper and if they could get one. I said I would be able to pick up a second hand one that day and they said they would fit one as they couldnt guarantee quality etc etc so I dont think they were open to the use of green parts. As it was someone had run into me so i wasnt too bothered how much it cost and they ended up spraying it 3 times.

Another thing with new panels and i dont think it needs to be said as most body shops would automatically do it BUT mine didnt, my bumper had mould lines on and they never buffed the lines out and just painted it so it looked like the paint had run.

Re: X Parts Close Call Scheme 11 years 10 months ago #53268

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Its just a scheme that X Part run, you dont need to join or anything. Its in their interest to keep our car's on the road

Just make a note of what you need to do and the phone number god forbid you ever have to or I've got a leaflet in PDF format but was too big to go on so if anyone wants its pm me your email and I'll send copies out.

Thanks for the PDF , now filed away should it ever be needed, which I truly hope it is not ..

:hugs:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT