Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF bottom shocker bushes replacement. 11 years 10 months ago #49839

BOTTOM BUSH CHANGE IN SITU, these ones are the rears as the fronts are easy to get too.

Guys, after the MOT failure sheet work through, did the bottom shocker bushes as required, fronts were easy and removed completely to fit the bushes, i trawled the net for a "how too" on the rears and found that removal of the shocker can be a pain, and sometimes takes two people...? so, as most of my mates were being boring and spending bank holiday monday with the wife and the local DIY store :roll: :roll: i decided to give it a go myself, and found i didn't need to remove the shocker.
Thanks
Paul

1 / My only mates for the day....!!!!

2 / The guilty suspects.............

3 / Bolt and old bush removed that was so worn it just pushed out with a screwdriver, if it had been tight i would have used a big socket on the back as a cup and the g clamp to push it out.

4 / new bush sighted after applying copper grease to the shocker housing.

5 / my extra pair of hands......

TA DAH.....!!! total time taken about 30 mins, hardest part was getting the wheel off....
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bensewell, TaffMGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: apologies if this has been documented before 11 years 10 months ago #49843

Great work Nellee. :broon:

This could come in handy for others doing the same job. So, if you don't mind, I'll add to the 'how to guides' section. Congratulations, you've made it. Cheers for taking the time and making the effort. ;)

It's located in suspension & steering.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: apologies if this has been documented before 11 years 10 months ago #49848

no probs Leigh, to centre the bush simply stick a socket bigger than the bush on the other side of the clamp if needed. It was just the bottom bushes needed doing on mine, lazy i know will do them all next year, but easy if you are by yourself to do it this way.

Re: MGF bottom shocker bushes replacement. 11 years 10 months ago #49852

Nice one. :yesnod: :broon:

Having removed and replaced all the dampers very recently, it's actually no harder to do the rears than the fronts. 15mm spanner to turn the nut, and 7mm open ended spanner to prevent the shaft turning.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT