Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Brake pad challenges - cautionary tale 12 years 3 months ago #36085

Can you elaborate on why the front pipes are tricky to fit? I too have a set of braided brake hoses that are to be fitted in the near future.

There is a "how to" here that Clive did when he changed his brake hoses to stainless but on a TF :yesnod: they a re a bit different on the F as there is a mid position fixing on the OEM ones which either needs a rubber lined "P" clip to replace the bracket or do what "talking cars" did and cut the bracket off the OEM pipe, re-use it with a cable tie holding the new stainless pipe in the centre position. i am sure that the unions on my late 96 (Mk1) F are on a bracket under the wheel arch, between the plastic liner and inner flitch panel and not under the bonnett. Will take a photo tomorrow and post it here. :thumbsup:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Brake pad challenges - cautionary tale 12 years 3 months ago #36089

Very interesting to read :thumbsup:

I find completely the opposite though I'm afraid :lol: Can't stand Greenstuff and the amount of fade when driving hard on the road or on track whereas the Black Diamond pads I have are brilliant from cold and only fade after very hard use on track. I do have bigger 280mm Black Dia mond discs though so they may be a fair bit harsher than normal discs which would of course explain why mine work :lol:

One of our Club members has an early MGR V8 (chassis number 384of1980) its White Gold and not Woodcote Green!!!! he replaced the front pads with EBC greenstuff pads a while ago and reported that the brakes were rubbish, it just would not stop!!!!!! took them off and went back to OEM pads. My Honda Accord now needs new discs and pads, the EBC ones are a bit cheaper than Honda coming in at £160 wheras the Honda ones are £180 for both discs and pads. its a big mistake if it wont stop :rant:

Re: Brake pad challenges - cautionary tale 12 years 3 months ago #36094

Bryan, I guess in hindsight I could have tried to pull the pipe down through the hole into the wheel arch once the clip in the bonnet was out but I was concerned about stressing the metal pipes. but my unions are definitely inside the bonnet.

T
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: Brake pad challenges - cautionary tale 12 years 3 months ago #36096

Guess this is an issue on pad selection, I didn't go for Black diamond discs and maybe paid the price for it. However I myself am happy with Green stuff and using stock discs - they work for me. Would be interesting survey to run on the forum to get a view of what people run and how they think is the relative performance since it will all be subjective depending on driving style.

Re: Brake pad challenges - cautionary tale 12 years 3 months ago #36099

just to throw a bit more in

the f has grooved and dimpled EBC discs as well as the green pads and i can say it will lock all 4 wheels up on a dry warm or cold day
if pushed hard enough
i flat spoted 2 front tyres once :nonod: :(
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

Re: Brake pad challenges - cautionary tale 12 years 3 months ago #36129

just to throw a bit more in

the f has grooved and dimpled EBC discs as well as the green pads and i can say it will lock all 4 wheels up on a dry warm or cold day
if pushed hard enough
i flat spoted 2 front tyres once :nonod: :(

Rich in Vancouver has these discs (Rotors) also ~ the grooves and dimples allow trapped gasses to escape, stopping any chance of fade :yesnod:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT