Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Uurgh! 12 years 2 months ago #35517

Thought I'd look at mine today, as I rarely look up and most of my driving has been in the dark of late. And yes, mine looked similar to Leighs. i was in Halfords so picked up a spray bottle of maguiars soft top cleaner.
Sprayed it onto one of those dish washing sponges (the ones with the rough surface on one side0 and wiped it on all over. Mould gone instantly. I then rinsed off with fresh water. Job done.

Oh, and it's unwise to spray directly at the roof whilst sitting in the car ... the spray back smarts the eyeballs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Uurgh! 12 years 2 months ago #35523

Thought I'd look at mine today, as I rarely look up and most of my driving has been in the dark of late. And yes, mine looked similar to Leighs.

:ohmy: Thanks for that tip Rog.

Re: Soft top cleaning. 12 years 2 months ago #36063

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Soft top cleaning. 12 years 2 months ago #36091

Pics added to the original post on page one. Clickety click here to go to page one.

:woohoo: :woohoo: That TURTLE stuff looks like the "Mutts Nuts" can we buy it in the UK ?????????

Re: Soft Top Lichen, Moss, Mould, Removal. (Solved). 12 years 2 months ago #36114

Wowwwwww what a fantastic result, looks brand new :broon:

Re: Soft Top Lichen, Moss, Mould, Removal. (Solved). 12 years 2 months ago #36116

Looking good Leigh

Re: Soft top cleaning. 12 years 2 months ago #36139

Pics added to the original post on page one. Clickety click here to go to page one.

:woohoo: :woohoo: That TURTLE stuff looks like the "Mutts Nuts" can we buy it in the UK ?????????

Halfrauds do it too, for a pound more.

I've a small amount of the cleaner left, if you want it (courtesy of Tourbillon). The conditioner has all gone. The cleaner has a mild disinfectant odour to it (a bit like Dettol, as RayB said). Watch your eyes, as Rog warned. It's best to wear glasses, if you don't already. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve555

Re: Soft top cleaning. 12 years 2 months ago #36146

Leigh,

You and I living similar lives.

When I bought my car it had mould inside the soft top and all over the interior. There was also lichen/moss growing on the outside of the soft top down around the window and where the top fastens to the rear of the car.

I also cleaned and waterproofed the soft top shortly after removing the lichen and moss and mould. I don't think that that particular Turtle Wax product is available in Canada. Instead I used 303 Protectant's Fabric Convertible Top Cleaning and Care kit.
Fabric Convertible Top Cleaning Kit
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Steve555

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Soft Top Cleaning. Lichen, Moss, Mould, Removal. 11 years 6 months ago #69018

Added a couple of pics to page one from 'Cruisingkerrys' roof clean up session. Cheers Kerry. :broon:

the mould has gone!! 11 years 4 months ago #84123

spent the afternoon washing, scrubbing, swearing and more scrubbing (6 times in total) to get the mould off the roof.

From this:

To these:

To this!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, jac114, Steve555

Last edit: Post by andwho76.

the mould has gone!! 11 years 4 months ago #84124

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Well done you, I said a bit of elbow grease with a brush would work wonders :yesnod:

Let it dry out and then do it again, a pain I know, but you should really to remove any traces of mould before proofing :broon:

the mould has gone!! 11 years 4 months ago #84125

haven't put the protector on yet. left in garage to dry out properly

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT