Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Forum Speed - and quoting posts with photos. 12 years 2 months ago #35043

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Hi everyone,

the admin team, in its search to improve the forum, has found that the quoting of posts that contain photos is slowing the overall performance. Basically, copies of the same photograph within the thread slow down loading times.

It would greatly help speed up the experience for users on slower broadband connections and make threads quicker to navigate if you, the members, could minimise the replication of photos by quoting.

By no means are we saying ' don't quote!', but what we are saying is that if we can all minimise quoting photo posts we help everyone gain the maximum from the forum. Personally I tend to delete the photos within a quote unless the photo is important to my post.

To clarify - I will give you a hypothetical extreme example.

I could go into the Final photo competition thread and quote John's second post(with 4 photos), merely to add 'great photos!' :nonod:

or I could just reply in the thread 'great photos' :yesnod:

If you have any queries about this or anything else on the forum, the admin and mods are happy to help, by pm if you prefer.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, rog1963, PQD44, Leigh Ping, Tsleight, Red Devil, sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Forum Speed - and quoting posts with photos. 6 years 7 months ago #179587

Ok

Forum Speed - and quoting posts with photos. 6 years 2 months ago #183156

ok
The following user(s) said Thank You: g4wam

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT