Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

For the benefit of our newcomers. 1 year 4 months ago #200573

Firstly, Welcome one and all!
I have had an MGF for a year, bought for a bit of fun and I have found it to be a much better car than I expected it to be.

I spent time and money getting it as I wanted it to be and found that there is a certain black magic about owning one.

Here are a couple of bits of advice.
Firstly, take your time warming the engine up. The temperature gauge is not like that on other cars. The K series engine has to be treated like an aero engine. No high revs until the oil temperature reads over 60 degrees. Keep it below 3000 until then. Your head gasket will love you for it.

There are loads of little spells concerning electronics and systems and for the later cars with the round key fob, the guru is Technozen.

For everything else, Dieter is the senior sorcerer at mgf.de.
He also has the circuit diagrams for the early cars.
Anything by Rob Bell is worth reading as well.

The community section of this site has downloads containing circuit diagrams and the all important electrical libraries for the different models and variants. They make diagnosis and repair very comprehensible. You will find the workshop manuals and owners handbooks there as well.

Enjoy your MGs and your time here. A good search around this site will not only help you solve most problems but provide lots of ideas for personalising and improving your cars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Airportable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

For the benefit of our newcomers. 1 year 4 months ago #200580

You are correct in every detail, including the “bought it for a bit of fun” & thank you for highlighting Dieter, his attention to detail & MK 1 circuits have saved me hours. Not a week passes without my referring to his site, not just for the information but for the sheer joy looking through the range he’s covered.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT