Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

It is sometimes what you know .. 1 year 7 months ago #199977

The hydraulic press at work had sprung a leak as somebody tried to use it as a 20 ton press instead of its rated ten. The clever folk fitted a new seal and it leaked so they planned to throw it in the skip. I intercepted it and when Gortour came back from lunch, he found it in the back of his car. This week, having taken it in hand, only to find that Clarke don't sell spares, I stripped the ram, bought a new and better seal of the right size and now have a fully working ten ton bearing press for seven quid and an hour's work. I am sure it will come in useful before long.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

It is sometimes what you know .. 1 year 7 months ago #199978

That'd be the best 7quid you ever spent
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

It is sometimes what you know .. 1 year 7 months ago #199981

My family has a long history of collecting redundant yet still serviceable item, to such an extent that we now have a unit to house the collection.
My father was in aerospace, I straddled electronics / mechanical & my son is in agriculture engineering.
We had a site hut used as a control room on the Olympus engine program. Everything leavings the site required a financial contribution, for that Dads bit was measured in pound shillings & pence, now long gone, The most recent item is a miniature tractor.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT