Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Today's run. 1 year 10 months ago #199240

Gortour with his car at Newhaven, mine behind and waiting to board the Cote d' Albatre.
The latest tweaks have resulted in a supple and grippy chassis and I had more fun on the roundabouts than 39 MPG would normally suggest. Dropping a cog for the tunnel near Lewes was a treat winding up to the red line. Hotel tonight then 200 miles tomorrow to my home. Lunch will be waiting at the bar .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper, Airportable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Today's run. 1 year 10 months ago #199246

A pair of very dirty motorcars on Sunday evening after good workouts on challenging roads. I really need a splitter!
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Today's run. 1 year 10 months ago #199247

My French home is about 90 minutes North West of Le Mans and the roads are quiet and involving enough to make the journey enjoyable. The car floats at high speed, anything over about 70 and it starts to get nervous but it has enough grip to trip the coolant alarm on left handers when trying hard. We went there and back with hoods down and the weather was glorious. The Stranglers concert in the early evening was loud and very enjoyable and then we watched at the pitlane for a couple of hours, a stroll around and a ride on the big wheel,
before returning to the cars for a bit of kip. Breakfast of bacon butties and vintage Champagne, as dictated by tradition. The shuttle buses were plentiful and as we had parked by a bus stop, convenient. Entry tickets give free entry to the museum which has lost some of the good stuff, for example Le Monstere but passed a pleasant hour anyway. Lots of fascinating DB racers with 750cc Panhard engines, all shaped like wings which must have been a handful in thermic air on the Mulsanne, and in the same vein, one of the three existing 917 LH, tucked in a corner and ignored by the crowd. GT40 and D-type included, probably the greatest endurance cars ever built. The Corvettes failed, the Porsches beat the bloody red cars and the Toyotas just kept rumbling round with their deep bellied engine notes to finish first and second. A somewhat less spirited run back, both cars bearing '24h' stickers, Parmentier de saumon for dinner and an early night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by minimax. Reason: Dumb smartphone.

Today's run. 1 year 10 months ago #199271

Sound like you have had a great time. Well deserved.

Today's run. 1 year 10 months ago #199279

Then we returned to England. A27 closed. Detour. M27 closed. Detour. A31 closed. Detour. An added forty miles and an hour and a quarter on the journey. Hopeless. Late at night you don't need it.
Neither car missed a beat though and we are safely back home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT