Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

What to do? 2 years 4 months ago #197975

The oiled filter went back onto the car in the half hour of daylight left after work so I can use it tomorrow. today I bought bits for the nitrogen refill and bulbs for the gauges. The car has a rudimentary stereo but it is the first car i have ever had where I don't use it (QV Sheppard's Second Law*) but the company raffle came up with £100 of Halfords vouchers. Now I usually avoid Halfords like the pox clinic so I'm torn between spending it on a stereo with bluetooth and USB for my preferred music or a Satnav which is frankly likely to be more use. Tomtom or Garmin? I think it is down to personal preference or do I just put a phone holder on the screen? Nice problem to have though.

* The number of speakers in a vehicle is inversely proportional to the pleasure it affords the driver.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What to do? 2 years 4 months ago #197976

If you are looking or a decent stereo (I see that you are in Poole), go and have a look at Trents breaker yard opposite Halfrauds, they have quite a good selection of used stereos for sale and I imagine they will be dirt cheap...

I tend to use Halfrauds only for consumables and even then thats only because I have a trade card so get things a bit cheaper, but if you have 100 beer tokens to play with then like you say its down to personal preference...

What to do? 2 years 4 months ago #197977

Cheap? Charlie Trent? Wash your mouth out! That said, the MG radio is fine, having Long Wave for when I'm abroad. Just found out that the vouchers work in Argos who have a suitable Garmin with Bluetooth so I can receive hands free . I think I'll hack into the MG radio for the sake of perceived originality and fit an Aux input, so I can choose my music. I don't like auxiliary transmitters. they rarely work as well as a hardwired connection. Meanwhile, taking the cover off angered the Weather Gods again but at least the hood is looking more watertight than it did, although there is still one porous area that needs another going over. Other half remarked that the cover was not over the car this morning. Seems as though she is getting attached to it.

What to do? 2 years 4 months ago #197978

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All I saw when I went there were the prices of the part worn tyres so maybe that gave me a false impression...

I'm toying with a similar idea regarding the stereo, I dont know if mine is original or aftermarket but the CD player likes to skip with every bump in the road... bluetooth has to be the way to go I reckon...

Ah so we have you to blame for the weather today? :lol:

Soft top is next on my hit list, its watertight but turning green and the rear window is like looking into perma-fog..

What to do? 2 years 4 months ago #197979

Original MG ones are branded MG. Bluetooth fron the phone to a BT receiver buried in the radio would work but I wanted a system where BT is in the nav unit so I can receive calls and an auxiliary input for the radio so that it can remain the same, old fashioned and unappealing to thieves but will allow me to use one of my Ipods.

What to do? 2 years 3 months ago #197981

Garmin £90 from Argos. A three year old model with good reviews and lots more functionality than the new model for £10 more. Works with Bluetooth so I can answer the phone and has cost me effectively nowt so I am happy enough after half an hour of playing with it. I need to route the charging cable out of sight but it seems to be comprehensive without being too complicated. Even sets the clock back 200 years for navigating through Dorset.

What to do? 2 years 3 months ago #198025

Halfords are reasonable for car stereos.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT