Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 7 months ago #194185

Had a lovely weekend doing a tour with CalMac on their 5 ferries ticket.

Yesterday we got the ferry from Ardrossan to Brodick (Isle of Arran). Then a nice wee drive round to Lochranza. Ferry from Lochranza to Claonaig and then a drive up to Tarbert on Loch Fyne.
This morning we got the ferry from Tarbert to Portavadie, drive up through Tighnabruich to Colintravie. Ferry from there to Rhubdach on the Isle of Bute. A wee drive to Rothsay and then the ferry back to Wemyss Bay on the main land.

A great drive, stunning scenery and it didnt rain all the time. Oh and the TF was faultless.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73, Bob, Bertl, richardgr88, sworkscooper, Keymaster, richardhb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Simondi.

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 7 months ago #194196

Great idea, I will look into that for future reference.
I will be up that way next week though not in an MG unfortunately,....and it will be raining!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simondi

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 7 months ago #194202

CalMac have a number of different tours / hopscotch tickets available. Well worth a look 🙂

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 6 months ago #194298

I do love Arran so would probably not get any further.

A trip I fancy is Dover/Calais - drive to Genoa - ferry to Corsica - ferry to Sardinia - ferry to Sicily - ferry back to main land Italy.....

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 6 months ago #194340

Hi TC .That sounds like a really good road trip when life retuns to normal . The farthest I've ventured is France in my TF and have missed doing it this year due to C19 . I think I recall you saying that you've been to Italy in your MG on the forum .
John

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 6 months ago #194341

Yeah, several times, but it helps that we are just over an hour from Dover.

This year hasn't been good, normally we would have seen my Spanish wifes mother at least twice by now but haven't seen her since Christmas.

5 Ferries Tour 3 years 5 months ago #194456

Nice one! Would take the TF any day over the car that is in front on the ferry.

As I've always said best smiles per £ ratio that ever existed!!

Unfortunately mine is a solo enjoyment at the moment unless the little one is at a grandparents or childcare then the wife and come and listen to the Daytona too hehe

5 Ferries Tour 2 years 6 months ago #197217

Simon, what would happen should you break down, what cover do you need for that kind of trip please? Its the only thing that would stop me doing it to be honest?

5 Ferries Tour 2 years 6 months ago #197221

Here in Oz we'd consider a trip of that distance as just popping down to the shops
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

5 Ferries Tour 2 years 6 months ago #197235

Simon, what would happen should you break down, what cover do you need for that kind of trip please? Its the only thing that would stop me doing it to be honest?

I have personal breakdown cover including relay which gives piece of mind for not too much. This would cover me on Simons trip.
When going to Europe I search for the best cover using the comparison sites.

5 Ferries Tour 2 years 6 months ago #197236

Here in Oz we'd consider a trip of that distance as just popping down to the shops

When I worked for the local VW/Audi dealer I picked up a retired couple from a hotel in London. They were originally from the UK, had sold their band saw blade manufacturing company and retired to New Zealand.

They came to us as we were the only Audi dealer in the world that had the exact spec Audi A8 available to drive away, this was for her 40th wedding anniversary present from him. They were then on the way to Crewe to the Bentley factory to pick up his present from her.

And to the point of the story, they only used the cars for trips to the local shop, 70 miles from home. For trips any further they would take his or her Cesena, depending on who was piloting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT