Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193717

Yep first day on the road for the tf has it was going to remain in lock down in my lock up...but has I said before last minute thought has to tax it...well I'm off today and a little drive out in the country .nice run through slindon and standon bowers...saw a farm I once worked at now turned it to a very posh residence ..with the milking parlour gone and the stables turned into posh dwellings...strange seeing it and remembering back how the place was just a mass of dung and straw with a David brown tractor chucked in for good measure....took a few pics and pulled the roof down for the last 15 miles of my journey..

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Bob, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193718

Hi-we live in a lovey part of Staffordshire d'ont we ?
The Moorlands can be beautiful in the Summer .months.
Mike

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193719

Yes I've just been to Rudyard lake and past the roaches to buxton today and the scenery around there is amazing...mg was faultless but I wished I had cleaned it before I went out...maybe the Mrs will clean it while I put my feet up and have a beer.....no ..... . more chance of seeing a flying pig.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193721

I usually do the car cleaning here!
Rudyard is our local dog walking trip out ( we are in Biddulph Moor by the way) .
Another favourite is a run to Oakamoor (the old station car park has plenty of room) and a walk along the old track bed to Alton station

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193726

I like sitting at rudyard at the top lay by near the lake view cafe that once was...brilliant to see those rover p6 cars lined up outside..

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193733

So making the most of the sunshine I headed off towards cotes heath /staffs...roof down at 8.00am and went to visit a romanI camp...these are a group of travellers that make a pilgrimage in horse drawn wagons anually to appleby fayre but due to the recent climate they have camped around my work area longer than normal.....I stopped and asked if I could take pics before I invaded the camp....there are about 5 wagons...guessing at at least 10 horses tied up over a quarter mile stretch eating the greenery from the embankment. ..chickens dogs etc....smell of wood smoke. .

After that a steady drive through the local lanes

And the on to ashbourne and to Darley moor to view the aircraft

The sky was has blue has my car

Filled the tank ready for a trip up the peaks in the morning ..mechanics and bodywork looking good ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193746

Nice photos,... I take it the travellers didn't object to you taking photos of their camp?

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193749

No I had a chat with a woman that came out...and when I asked if I could take a pic of the vans she said ok I will get out of your way....I didn't take a full pic of the camp has one of the dogs tied up was kicking off ....so a quick snap and away you go.

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 9 months ago #193760

Today I went over moors and yonder... bypassing the roaches past the mermaid inn and past the winking man pub

On to buxton and a walk around town...and then to the goyt valley..and return home.

Weather a mixed bag today but still a good run out.
Polish worked a treat...you can see the reflection of the hedge on the left side of bonnet and actually see the colour green has if it was a mirror.😃
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keymaster

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 8 months ago #193816

It looks a great area for a run out with the top down, that is now definitely on my list of trip outs.

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 8 months ago #193820

Now the peak district has a rare visitor from the alps....bearded vulture.
Attachments:

Mgtf out of lock down/lock up 3 years 8 months ago #193822

Now the peak district has a rare visitor from the alps....bearded vulture.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak. Reason: Sniffed glue and forgot text
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT