Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG "Hector" 4 years 10 months ago #190556

Just watching a bit of cricket on my local (Indian) TV channel and during the break there was an advert for the all new MG Hector. Never heard of it before but it appears to be a full size SUV (XC60 sort of size maybe). Has anyone heard of this and will it be available in the UK (and if so please God let them change the name for the UK market!!!). Looks really nice. The advert is filmed on the streets of that London and is driven by Benedict Cumberpatch but more importantly it features an MGB, an MGA and a Trophy yellow F.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Daleswalker.

MG "Hector" 4 years 10 months ago #190557

MG Nigel. :spank:

MG "Hector" 4 years 10 months ago #190558

MG Boris ?

MG "Hector" 4 years 10 months ago #190560

They must've taken a leaf outta Nissan's book in the 60's, anyone remember the Nissan Cedric?

or maybe the Nissan Gloria perhaps?

Then there was the very pretty Nissan Silvia

And of course there was the Nissan Fairlady

I remember a story that they chose dignified sounding English names to hopefully give their cars upper class appeal.
And in the case of the Fairlady, the boss at Nissan was a big fan of the show "My Fair Lady"

Then there is the story about the Aussie motoring journalist at the Cedric press release, he asked one of the Japanese Nissan executives why they gave the car such a homosexual name, in reply the exec asked "do you have many homosexuals in Australia? The Journo replied "er....yes I s'pose we do" at which te exec answered "very good, we will sell many cars!"
I think the exec won that one!
'
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

MG "Hector" 4 years 10 months ago #190567

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Daleswalker.

MG "Hector" 4 years 9 months ago #190680

Reading in MG Enthusiast, the Hector is for the Indian or at best Asian market and not coming to the UK.
An electric version of the current SUV is coming in the Autumn, some dealers are already taking deposits.

Sundance

MG "Hector" 4 years 9 months ago #190736

I remember hectors house when I was a kid.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT