Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 4 days ago #189929

Bought the bohemian rhapsody dvd this weekend..watched and enjoyed once...it cost £10...if anyone wants to buy it from me £5 plus say £1.50..p&p..I thought there might be some queen fans on here...:P :P

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 4 days ago #189930

Great film Mr Bluestreak, I saw it a few weeks ago.
It reminisces me.....
I was fortunate enough to be at Queens final gig at Knebworth in 1986, the day after I came out of my time as an apprentice.

Walking to the concert field was a two mile hike from the bus park and it was littered with bodies of people who had drunk to much and just passed out in the hot sun - Police were strolling about giving them an odd kick to make sure they were still drawing breath! It looked like a battlefield!
It was an amazing concert, with Status Quo beginning the entertainment, followed by a truly awesome show by Big Country - I went out to buy their greatest hits album the next day.
Queen were dazzling, and nobody knew then it would be their final performance together. I can still remember Freddie Mercury talking to the audience - it was something like "Wow" this is big - even for us!"

A shame their is no official video for the final live performance of Freddie Mercury's Queen - no one bothered to press the record button on the official video cameras......only a few newsreel snippets and a so called bootleg copy taken from the back exist.

I was about forty rows from the front in a central position, close enough to see a lot of the detail - once there you did not want to move - so the food and drinks kiosks that were at the sides were out of the question, if you wanted a pee, it was into a bottle then lobbed either behind you or to the front! there must have been a hundred bottles a minute flying through the air. On the downside we heard one unfortunate person received a fatal stab wound, it happened to our left somewhere well away from our position, so we did not hear about it until later.

When Radio GaGa came on, I remember turning around and seeing 120000 people raising their hands and clapping - a simply staggering sight that I will never forget.
If only you could go back in time to experience it once again!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 4 days ago #189931

Yes when I watched the bit with the live aid concert and saw the Wembley stadium packed out..we wondered what every one did for a pee...blimey..I thought that they would just let it go..wouldn't fancy getting a shower from a few bottles of the yellow stuff....thanks for sharing that with us dave it sounded a great experience...Freddie was one hell of a showman..

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 3 days ago #189935

At least people had the sense to put the top back on the bottles before lobbing them!
Yes a great experience I still have the ticket stub somewhere, seen some of them changing hands on ebay for over a hundred quid

Knebworth was just after the two Wembley gigs and the final concert in their magic tour....they had some large inflatable caricatures of the band and launched them into the air...some clips on you tube somewhere....The live aid concert kick started them off to what was going to be the greatest swan song in history!
Wish I had some photos...

Sundance

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 3 days ago #189940

Pic of Queens helicopter flying in to land at the concert.

Im trying to spot sundance in that crowd...but it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 3 days ago #189941

I was in between the two engineers podiums and a little bit forward of them about forty rows from the front

Sundance

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 2 days ago #189944

Freddie Mercury Chipmonk!

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kzdkF_1553389080
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Bohemian rhapsody 5 years 1 day ago #189952

Great how they do that...funny 🖒🖒🖒

Dvd now sold folks...if you get the chance watch it...recommended by mgtfbluestreak and sundance.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT