Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ups and downs of the last 12 months 5 years 6 months ago #187976

As I haven't contributed anything much recently, I thought I might share a few recent experiences!
Ups
Passed its MoT first time (for a change the emissions were OK)
It still sounds great
It's looking better than it did a year ago
Downs
The hit to the bank account to achieve the better appearance
Only managed about 5 laps at the Silverstone track day
Haven't done enough miles!

The improved appearance comes from getting the front wings replaced and the rust holes at the front of the sills and N/S rear wing (thanks to Paul McFadden in Motherwell and our local paint shop.

The woes at Silverstone arose because when I had replaced HT leads I also fitted a slightly-used coil that I had been given thinking it might be a sensible precaution at the time. So when I started out on my first fast lap, it started to cut out intermittently before dying completely. Red flag the session and get the breakdown truck out. Spent some hours fiddling and found the LT connection to the coil was the culprit, wedged it as best I could, and set off on the first session after lunch. Half way round the lap red flag the session and get the breakdown truck out!! I was not popular. I made sure it was wedged and drove all the way back to Scotland without missing a beat. I checked the old coil and the connection was completely solid, no dead spot like the other one, so I had to repeat the laborious process of swapping them.

Oh, and my battery died the other day, but as it was 9 years old I maybe shouldn't grumble too much.

Looking forward to MGCC Caledonian October outing from New Lanark at the weekend.....

Hope your ups are better than your downs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ups and downs of the last 12 months 5 years 6 months ago #187977

Hi there . Well apart from the bank account taking a hit , you look to have a very nice F . With regards the track day , just learn from it . I don't think I would trust a s/h coil pack even from a best mate ! Hope the weather holds for your club run . :broon:
John

Ups and downs of the last 12 months 5 years 6 months ago #187978

I seem to have a bit of a jinx at Silverstone, as in previous years I've had a front wheel bearing give up, 2 clutch fluid losses needing cluthcless changes to get home and a catalyst that shed its contents into the silencer, fortunately not blocking it till I came to drive home!

Ups and downs of the last 12 months 5 years 6 months ago #187980

Is it worth doing your trackdays a little closer to home.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT