• Page:

Topic

Out and about - Topless around the peaks 2018 5 years 7 months ago #187892

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
A few days late with this one, but here is the report for the Topless around the Peaks charity run 2018.
A great turnout of gorgeous F and TF's at the definitive MG Mecca in Glossop that is known as MGFandTFbitz. I was really astounded at the quality of the cars that came to join in this time - nearly all of them were in pristine condition or tastefully modified. Here is a few of them...

And Organiser Ruth Evans had her TF livery in appropriate taste for this years charity - Homes for Heroes, which has become a real favourite charity within the MG community.

And the Charity's Patrons were also there on the day to cheer us all on - unfortunately the charity van broke down half way around the course and did not make it to the finishing line! I have met Jimmy and Michelle from Homes for Heroes a few times now, and they really are passionate about their fundraising....Top people and it was a pleasure to get some more donations to this worthy cause.

Back to the cars, and this Trophy 160 was just stunning!

Paul Goldsmiths Jakobi Abster made an appearance. Most of you should know about this special vehicle, but if not, Paul has designed and moulded his own modern panels and interior and fitted them to a MGF donor car.

MG's were not the only make of cars allowed, we did have a handful of other makes join us including a MX5 and this nice TVR...

And this Ford Mustang in RHD..

kayleigh Alkins brought along her bang tidy Monogram TF with the Mirage Livery...

And this "one off" Monogram TF in the grey variant of "Moonshine" - all the others are in silver - also made a welcome appearance.
I had the pleasure of following this on the actual drive and the colours really morphed well, even on the dull day that we had!

Talking of Moonshine TF's Daz Hardy at Bitz had this rare (one of four left) Moonshine car that he is fully restoring. It has just come back from a full body respray and is currently awaiting finishing. A really rare and desireable car.

MGFnTFbitz also are restoring another Monogram, this is the first Mono off the paintline in Sunspot yellow and is receiving the full nut and bolt rebuild with no ammount spared - it even has a heated windscreen!

Down to the run itself, the weather forcast rain, but we all managed to complete the full run with the tops down, with only some light drizzle during the run. We set off from Glossop, heading up the excellent Snake Pass...then down to the awesome scenery around Ladybower reservoir.

Then it was over to Hope and Castleton, then up through the beautiful Winnots Pass...

We then headed over the top of the open peak moorland via Foolow..

Then dropped down to the Chatsworth estate and headed out towards Darley Dale.

Finally ending up at the Hurst Arms in Ambergate, where we stopped for drinks and a nice carvery and some trophy presentations.

Here is Shadow parked next to a nice modified TF - in fact I nearly bought the quad rear lights that this car is sporting the previous weekend, but decided to leave it, and a week later they were fitted and working on the TF shown on the right here....The owner managed to get them painted and fitted in a day!

A final shot of some more of the cars at the final destination...

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrester, c.steffan, sworkscooper, NigelOBB, Calico10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Out and about - Topless around the peaks 2018 5 years 7 months ago #187894

Looks like a great day out thanks for posting the photos.

First one I've missed, I'll be there next year:broon:

Re:Out and about - Topless around the peaks 2018 5 years 7 months ago #187915

Some great pics and cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Re:Out and about - Topless around the peaks 2018 5 years 6 months ago #187943

Thanks Sundance for sharing. I've so very envious that the great roads you have.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT