Sign In   Register

Topic

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 1 day ago #185113

Went to a foden agent where I was shown a engine collection. ..one enormous beast was...I think a v12 foden engine from a milatary mine sweeper..

.it had 2 cranks one bank of cylinders could be disabled if there was a failure on the other bank....I was told the engine was anti magnetic...Foden trucks used the rolls royce eagle engine...I always wanted to rebuild one..but by the time I learnt to rebuild a diesel they had gone out of fashion.
Below rolls royce eagle.

The scammel explorer also used rolls royce eagle engines.

Foden were bought by paccar...a familiar name on modern engines..I believe they made the Kenilworth c500 at the sandbach plant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 1 day ago #185114

Would that be a Leyland Comet and was I believe the star truck in a black and white British movie Hell Drivers with Patrick Mcgoohan, Stanley Baker and Herbert Lom .

John

Don't forget Sean connery, David MCcullam and Syd james and peggy cummins.
Attachments:

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 1 day ago #185115

So next toolbox project is going to be for the toolkit recess in the mg boot...wanted one of those mg toolkits...there is one on ebay at the moment..this one.
MG TF MGF Fitted Tool Kit
Completed

But when you look at those spanners inside...it puts you off a bit....so I'm on the search for a metal case..just the right size...may stick a bling mg badge on it and a bit of eva foam..with some nice spanners and sockets....

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 1 day ago #185119

The stuff in that kit is probably good enough to get you outta trouble, with basic problems on the side of the road, but the price of 98quid is well over the top for what you get!
Realistically the price is only justifiable for someone who wants to tick all the options boxes for competition in Concours d' elegance.
Some of those blokes/sheilas would pay twice that. but it would need to be absolutely perfect.

If using a metal toolbox in the car, then the foam will be good for preventing the tools from rattling. :broon:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 23 hours ago #185124

Well finished that eva project..pleased with the results.

Attachment not found

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 19 hours ago #185130

Would that be a Leyland Comet and was I believe the star truck in a black and white British movie Hell Drivers with Patrick Mcgoohan, Stanley Baker and Herbert Lom .

John

Don't forget Sean connery, David MCcullam and Syd james and peggy cummins.

Yes I had forgotten how many British stars there were in that film. Was it a tad cold when the shot of Peggy was taken ? :spank:

Eva Shadow foam 6 years 13 hours ago #185139

Invalid or non-existent item ID.yes gordon jackson was also innit....yes hell drivers was 10 years old when i came into the world....im always on the internet looking at cummins diesel engines and she always pops up in the search....i suppose connery wasnt has big back then has he wasnt top of the bill....or was he?

Time to create page: 2.017 seconds