Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184411

Hi all,
Fairly new to TF ownership (I have a silver 2004 135) and believe that I will soon be requiring a new exhaust, so wondered if anyone could recommend a stainless system, not too loud?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184415

Hi . Someone will be along with advice soon . We are all a bit slow here on Mondays.

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184417

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Do you have a budget in mind?

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184418

Budget not thought about it, but I have been warned off Toyo systems?

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184419

I have a Toyo system waiting in my shed to go on, I will let everyone know how it goes when I get to fitting it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184420

Budget not thought about it, but I have been warned off Toyo systems?

Any reason why?

There were problems with earlier ToyoSports (not TOYO who make tires ;) ) but the design has changed.

I had two TF's and fitted ToyoSports to both (paid about £80 each used) and they were no problem (I did have one hanger repaired which cost about £15). Civilised around town when pottering around, and nice and sporty when pushing up the revs.

New price is reasonable, about half the price of the next lowest priced system.

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184424

For me it has to be the MGOC super sports silencer. It's well made and give off a nice sound without being loud at lower RPM. Price wise your looking about £300 but it has to be the best change you can make to a TF. That's my opinion anyway.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184439

Another vote for the Supersport here.
Perfect fit, at first it was a bit resonant at throttle back, but that seems to have gone away as it settled in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 6 years 2 weeks ago #184441

Thanks Mike.
The super sports give off a great sound, I've also had my TF remapped by kmaps which sounds even better, especially at 7500 rpm.

:beer: :beer: Steve

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 5 years 11 months ago #185121

I have the TT Mk7, again around about the £300 mark. The system has its critics who say it drones at motorway revs, I personally haven't found this to be the case. Others also say that due to its unchambered straight through design and the inherent bifurcation that comes with it it struggles to pass emissions tests, again mine has just passed its MOT with no issues.

It has a nice throaty sound at low revs and is not so loud that it will annoy the neighbours, I also had a re-map at the time of fitting so I get a nice pop and burble on overrun....Makes me smile everytime!!

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 5 years 11 months ago #185122

I also have a TT mk.7 . It had a quite high tone to its raspy roar when first fitted, but after my re-map it has a more throaty sound, with a great burble and just a tiny bit of popping added. It does sound better after the re-map, but at £300 its an affordable bit of kit.
On the downside, they do have areas that corrode a bit, I am thinking the stainless steel has more of a iron content in it.
It fitted well and looks great on the car.
I think the top exhaust is the Daytona, but they don't come cheap. They look really nice with the quad tailpipes fitted.
I did look into getting one made. Plenty of custom exhaust builders about, they could knock you something up thats a bit special. I am thinking of the exhaust that Diesel Destroyer had made, well documented on the forum, which had three tailpipes and came out of the center of the rear bumper. Two of the outlets were for normal silenced exhaust, and the big center pipe was operated by a valve to give an un-silenced roar when so wished.
Scorpions are another type that owners fit, but I think they can be quite loud. Why not go to a meet sometime and see what people have on their car and listen to what they sound like. Most enthusiasts now have stainless exhausts fitted by now.

Sundance

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

MG TF Stainless Exhaust 5 years 11 months ago #185156

I had a Powerflow exhaust fitted sounds great real throaty and no drone on motorway.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Noz1966. Reason: Misspelled
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT