Sign In   Register

Topic

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179143

The BAE plant in Nottingham closed in 2001, which left me jobless and at nearly 47 worried about finding another job. With my redundancy money, I paid off my mortgage and went out and bought the silver machine.
It made me smile when I drove it, and it made me smile even more when I drove past the old BAE site.

It has been looked after meticulously, and always garaged, still looks really good. My wife loves it so much, we decided on a Spanish road trip 2 years ago which we are going to almost repricate again shortly. I did find another job, in sales, and was blessed with Audis and BMWs for years until I retired, and sent the company cars back. I decided that I only wanted one car, yes the impractical silver machine, now worth next to nothing. But, you know, it brings a smile to our face every time the garage door opens and out she comes with a gurgle from the exhaust. We walk, catch buses and save the car for roof down trips on good days. One day it will have to go, but whilst I still have a few bob in my pocket and it can be fixed it will be my pride and joy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179152

Yes very octagonal wouldn't have it any other way:beer: :woohoo:

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179168

Couldn't agree more. My daily car is a ZT. It gets me from A to B,that's it. When the TF comes out, even after nearly 6 years, it puts a smile on my face. Like you David it will run until it can't run.

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179249

I must be one of the few who got there MG new back in 04 and I of course still have it and I hope it will be with me another 13 yrs [ I'll be 82 then ]
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Last edit: Post by helsbyman.

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179316

I have been working away from home for a little while, and missed the family of cause... that goes without saying, but tell you what I also missed my little F, my Tf and even my Zr and I never thought I would say that about any car.
Driven all kinds of things over the years, but the Mgf is different, it even smells like a car from the Sixties and its only a 1999.
I also like the fact that I'm surrounded from all sides in my village by BMW, Audi, Volkswagen, Volvo etc etc and I never see anyone else tinkering or even cleaning their motors like I do, and its not as if they have any thing else better to do, well maybe they do.
For me personally its all about the MG marque, the Britishness of it all, ( I ignore the facts it was taken over by BMW and the Chinese). Through out its history it has been bollocksed up by different management teams, starved of resources and cobbled together with other car parts, but its still keeping going thanks to everyone within the MG community. :clap:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper, Noz1966

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT