Sign In   Register

Topic

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151222

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Although, I do miss the enforced social life a lil bit. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial, mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151223

MGFs and TFs are great therapy. :yesnod: You should know that the community are here for everything, not just fixing your car. The pm system is great for getting help and advice about almost anything, or even just a bit of support... :hugs:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, KentJohn, Denial, mgtfbluestreak, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151226

had already signed back up and was 2 weeks from rejoining when i had my accident,definitely no complaints about the social life although i think my liver is glad it ended when it did :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151243

Thanks for telling us your story Denial. I was born into a family heavily affected by Combat Stress, my Grandfather was shellshocked during WW1, and it has affected my extended family ever since. Treatment wasn't what it is today, and he actually climbed over a wall to escape a mental hospital in 1919. In time he was able to lead a good life. I was fortunate to serve in the Army during peace time, however evenserving during the Cold War lleft a lasting effect. I can only imagine what you went through in Bosnia and truly hope that continued treatment will help you manage it. It certainly seems that you are well on your way to a good life.
Thanks again for sharing your story.

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151246

]My story isn't all that..

I bought a crash damaged MGF to build the buggy

Then bought the steppy.. to rob the engine and box and fit it into the buggy.. (now got a metro CVT)

Fell in love with the F and enjoyed it until the box ate the CVT belt

When it was 120 steppy

After taking the rear subframe out (to convert to manual) I decided to strip the car completely and 'up spec' it to my own tastes..

Most know now the extent of the mods.. but its a different car to the one I started with

Along the way Ive met some people who have become great friends.. Andy Waston, Andy Willdig, Kedunga, Sergi, Tony, David, Jan, Tracy, Bri etc to name just a few
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151259

forrester you are what i consider as a lucky man,,,,,,,you sound like rovers version of the stig
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Forrester

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak. Reason: the shear fun of it

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151292

It was a dream job until BMW took over & promptly made most of the drivers redundant :-?
When the new 200/400 came out Rover was employing around 300 agency drivers solely to put 500 miles on the clock of each car made [around the track] :omg: Don't ask me why :dry:
Must have cost a fortune.
It was Mainly BMW that killed Rover off as they made sure that any car in the range would not be competetive with their own models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak, sworkscooper

How has mg changed your life? 9 years 5 months ago #151418

Well am fairly new to MG's not owning one until February 2014 although had Rovers for a couple of years before that. It was the re-build and save thread of a BRG MGF on Org by MGJohn that is too blame ........................................ followed his thread and decided it looked like fun so looked for one. Since then have begun to wonder about my sanity :bang: especially after doing a what looked to be a simply door swap .... :doh: :rant: .

Have met some nice people some not so nice and have an empty bank account what with the fixing and upgrading. Hopefully next year with less to do fixing and upgrading we can actually get out to a few more meetings and events.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179096

Well I know for sure the mg has changed my life..tf off the road yesterday and I had to go ahead with a planned trip to Buxton in one of my other cars...wasn't the same.coming back from buxton I wanted to explore some back roads and even find a hidden pub I'd not been to..but the mazda I was in is big and bulky for these little side roads..much more fun in the narrow and nimble tf..although my mazda is powerful and very comfy..it felt more like a trip to the super market than a day out..hurry up parts shop I want a alternator so I can enjoy my day out...I've withdrawals ..
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179106

I bought my first TF as a new car, a Solar red 135, back in 2004 my first ever brand new car bought from a dealer.
It was washed twice a week and cherished, then after a year bad luck started.
First we had an airborne chemical fallout issue at work, where some extract filter on our chrome plating plant failed and the car park was rained on with chromium sulphate droplets. The paintwork was covered with spots that reacted with the paint and the windscreen was also speckled with stains.
The company picked up the tab for repairs and the car basically had a couple of layers of lacquer polished off to tidy up the problem. The glass could not be done.
Then a year later the same thing happened and it had to undergo another deep polishing. Then the headgasket blew spectacularly, leaving me with a £1000 repair bill as it took out the pistons.
A week after I got the car back after the engine repair old some old biddy took my front drivers door off in Tesco car park when she pulled into the bay next to me and did not see my car door open.
My car was repaired by her insurance but it was never the same again, and although it looked good when I signed for it after the repair, the paint started to fail after about 15 months. The repaired door and wing bubbled drastically.
It was about then when I fell out of love with the car, but I still kept it and enjoyed driving it, but just could not be bothered to cherish and clean it anymore, it was too far gone.
Then two years ago I decided that it needed work spending on it for its MOT and it was not worth spending the money on. After looking at other options such as Z4's, Boxters and S2000's, I decided that the TF was still a great car and I just loved the driving position and the simple no fuss layout of the car. So I looked for another one.
I spotted my 160 in Endon services, a MG dealer near to Leek and after checking it out decided to buy it.
My old TF was traded in for £300 and I was allowed to swap any parts over that needed replacing.
My 160 gave me a new lease of life in my motoring and I decided to do anything I can to keep my car in tip top shape and condition.
It has cost me nearly £3000 in upgrades, an accident repair thanks to my missus spinning it into a kerb, and getting the bodywork as perfect as I can.
Now I am a member of the Potteries and South Cheshire MG club and have a few runs with them each year, and also Mrs Sundance and I like to get the roof down and just go for a drive, all day if we fancy it. If its a good run. then we will put up a Out and about on Mr. Bluestreaks excellent thread.
So my new 160 has revived my interest in sports cars and given me some awesome road trips.
It has also with the help of the forum how to's turned me into a half decent mechanic, and all but the most complicated engine procedures or bodywork repairs are undertaken by my own spanners. I have learnt so much about the cars and even managed to fix my ABS when the garage I bought it from could not find the fault (under warranty).
Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak, sworkscooper, stevew

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179112

Where do I start, MG has not changed my life, it has shaped it. I was born in 1966 in Abingdon on Thames the home of the MG.I lived over the cemetery from the Cemetery Road gate of the MG plant. My dad worked there until it closed. He was one of the last people to close the gates. I watched him every day walk to work from my bedroom window. He was able to bring different MGs home every so often. I can remember siting on the little back seat of a brand new V8 watching the country side go by (at the time it seemed very fast). I can remember as if it was yesterday the day we found out that the factory was closing, a very sad day indeed as MG was a big part of my families lives. Since that day I have promised myself I would own an MG, but until recently I have not be able to afford one, when about a year ago I bought an F and since then every time I drive it I have a smile on my face. My next goal is a vintage one preferably a V8.
So that is what MG has done to me made my pockets alot lighter but brought a smile to my face.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak, sworkscooper

How has mg changed your life? 6 years 8 months ago #179127

MG has not changed my life, it has shaped it.

I take it, that the shape is somewhat octagonal! :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noz1966

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT