Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 8 months ago #148738

Have any of you got the wiring diagram for the later Chinese MG TF LE500 parking aid?...I'm fitting new non-MG parking sensors and as far as possible want to use the existing wiring from the parking aid control box 400000334 in the boot.
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 8 months ago #148755

Anybody? :-?
David
:shrug:

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 8 months ago #148757

To be a little more specific...I've now wired up the after market system..taking the positive reverse feed from the Green/Brown reverse light...and the Black for earth..I'm left with Black/Grey, White/Red and White/Yellow wires...which I believe feed the original front buzzer...which I'd like to incorporate..

However the 2 wires to the buzzer up front are White and Red....so I suspect "something changes" in between..hence my query re a wiring diagram.
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 8 months ago #148814

I also would be interested if you ever find a wiring diagram, seems to be very little info available.

There will be a microchip in the system somewhere and the original buzzer may not be compatible anyway (different impedance/resistance etc.)

I think you will end up fitting the complete aftermarket kit and fitting the new buzzer under the dash.

Brian.

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 8 months ago #148820

Hi Brian...I've fitted the aftermarket kit and it works very well....I'm using the supplied buzzer and it's plenty loud enough stuck to the inside of the O/S rear wing...no need to have it in the cockpit...I've fitted the control box in the same place as the OEM one..it comes with a sticky pad..the original is bolted in place..the aftermarket sensors fit with a little fettling and they all plug directly into the control box with no intervening connectors - the main cause of problems IMO with the originals..

No luck on a wiring diagram yet..I've emailed MG Motors UK...maybe I'll get a response after the bank holiday..and if so I'll post it...

I take your point re the difference between the original buzzer and the aftermarket one but I'd still like to know how the "spare" original wires connect to the original buzzer...it's not obvious even after playing with my multimeter..
- Frank Zappa

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149052

I got a reply from MG Motors UK!..

Attached is the wiring diagram..not in great definition though..

I still can't reconcile it with reality..e.g no mention of white/red cable and the buzzer is supposed to be connected using Green/Brown cable..not what I see..However...
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149062

Your attached schematic shows the parking ECU with the buzzer outputs as; Black with a Grey tracer and White with a Yellow tracer to a multipin connector C0356, then from the connector on pins 4 & 6 as the 2 greens to the buzzer.

Where is the buzzer mounted? it's shown as "PDC Sounder Unit Lamp Interior" is it mounted inside the rear view mirror?

Up to MY05 on the TF's the previous connector number used on the list in the electrical library is C0355, this is under the plastic trim on the windscreen surround by the interior mirror!

Brian.

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149064

Brain..the buzzer is inside the rear view mirror..fed by red and white wires IIRC..I can photo mine if it helps...
- Frank Zappa

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149079

The wire colours must change at the multipin connector C0356, Also the multipin plug must be behind the top trim in front of the mirror, if you follow your white and red buzzer wires back to the plug behind the trim they should connect to the wires back to the control unit, according to the diagram the colours are:

white with a yellow tracer
&
black with a grey tracer

Brian.

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149117

I'll fish out the connector and take a look Brian..still don't know where the spare white/red wire goes though...
- Frank Zappa

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149148

I've fished out the connector and discovered the white/red wire..it goes nowhere except to that connector and no further. The wires also change colour at the connector..very helpful..Not! :nonod:

Also attached a couple of piccies showing the inside of the rear view mirror..for completeness..Also shows how the LEDs are located..

I'll create a How To (replace the OEM reversing sensor system with generic) eventually. First though I want to see if the existing buzzer in the mirror can be used. :yesnod:
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

LE500 Parking Aid wiring diagram needed 9 years 7 months ago #149155

You have cracked it; white with a yellow tracer wire & black with a grey tracer wire from the reversing unit to the plug by the mirror, then red wire and white wire to your buzzer.

Job done.

Brian.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT