Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG Rover CD 2 years 8 months ago #196654

Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this but recently I have noticed that my Rave technical info CD will not run on my laptop. The one I have taken a picture of is a genuine CD and I also have one that is a copy that came with instructions to turn the clock back to 2003 to allow it to run which I automatically do . No matter what I try the disc will simply not run and I've tried it in another PC and the same thing happens .
As always , any suggestions are gratefully received.
John .
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG Rover CD 2 years 8 months ago #196657

We need a little more info from you. What operaring system you are running on your PCs? Is it Windows 10 or earlier version? Do you know what build version of windows 10 you are running?

MG Rover CD 2 years 8 months ago #196659

Hi . I'm using W 10 on both laptops . Looking on various forums , it appears that this problem started about 12 months ago and is down to a W 10 update that failed to include Acrobat 4.0 so that means that the disc can't be read . I know info on the F n TF is available on here but the disc I use most is the one that has the MPI Mini on it .
John.

MG Rover CD 2 years 8 months ago #196661

Can you try to do following from below and see if that will enable you to start Rave?

Locate and open the 'Acrobat4' folder.

Open the 'Resource' folder.

Delete the folders 'CMap' and 'Font' or rename them

Rave will now open and run, you may get a warning of missing fonts but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________

MG Rover CD 2 years 8 months ago #196664

Okay , thank you for that . I'll give it a try.
Cheers , John .

MG Rover CD 2 years 7 months ago #196850

Well I know I'm getting on a bit but I've tried and failed with this as I can't even find the resource folder in acrobat . Where do I find it ?

John

MG Rover CD 2 years 7 months ago #196851

You need to open Windows Explorer (not Acrobat as application), position yourself within Acrobat folder in the Windows Explorer, open Acrobat folder and seek for mentioned subfolders. Does this makes more sense?

MG Rover CD 2 years 7 months ago #196853

Well I've been at this now for 4 hrs and my eyes are packing in so in short , makes no sense at all . Thanks for trying though .

MG Rover CD 2 years 7 months ago #196906

Thanks, this solve my problem

MG Rover CD 2 years 7 months ago #196909

Thanks, this solve my problem

I am glad it worked for you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, incony

MG Rover CD 1 year 8 months ago #199802

Roverlike, i just wanted to say thank you. my ebay Technicians Workshop Service Manual - CD which for all models.. stopped working after win !0 updates, today after doing this fix, it works again... The CD dates pre 2005, and obviously the problem relates to adobe 4. before i found your solution i tried MS compatibility, and the Adobe site, for solutions.. with no success at all... the Cd would start to load on Auto run, then just stop and close... Amazing really that despite MS and Adobe, this simple few click fix is all that was required to save and recover all the info on the CD, that those two giants could not.

Last edit: Post by incony.

MG Rover CD 1 year 8 months ago #199804

I am glad it worked for you as well! It is good when things can be fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: incony

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT