Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177103

Remove two bolts connecting Arm Assembly - RH Engine Mounting.

Remove two bolts connecting Tie Rod - RH Engine Mounting

I managed to take out the assembly.

Genuine engine mount & Vibra-Technics' engine mount

Completed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Inserted pics - hope I have them in the right place :)

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177110

:welcome2:
Awesome first post!:clap:
David
:shrug:

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177114

Hi and welcome to the forum

Tell us more about this mounting system.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177120

Thank you for the kind welcome.
I continue posting the modification.

Remove the nut.

Remove two engine mount bolts, then jack up the transmission. Remove the engine mount.

Vibra-Technics' engine Mount & Genuine engine Mount

Completed

Furthermore,
Broken engine mount & Vibra-Technics' engine Mount

Completed

My first Impression is, after installing these products the engine power is transmitted much more directly to the rear wheels at low speed.
The vibration at idling was reduced. My engine has Kent cam LE1812 and Omega's forged pistons.
I haven't checked yet at high speed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cobber

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177128

I don't know this area of my car very well (yet) but doesn't the replacement mount lack the adjustment of the original?

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177132

I don't know this area of my car very well (yet) but doesn't the replacement mount lack the adjustment of the original?

I don't think the "original" in the picture is the actual original mount but an aftermarket upgrade. I'm not sure the true original is adjustable is it?

Expensive bit of kit at £300+. Is it worth it?
Robin ;)

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 6 years 11 months ago #177138

It's the adjustable engine Mount that David introduced, not the genuine one.
It is sold at eliseparts. But I can't say it's upgraded.

I'm satisfied with Vibra because the vibration has reduced and the acceleration has become greater.

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 4 years 2 months ago #192249

I’m considering fitting these to Project Shed when I swap over subframes, engine and LSD equipped gearbox.

Just wondering if anyone had long term experience with it and whether they felt that the investment was worth it?

How to fit Vibra-Technics' MGR100M - Engine Mount kit 4 years 2 months ago #192253

Rob, I suspect this kit will be more popular with Elise owners, they are richer than has MG drivers.

I don't think the "original" in the picture is the actual original mount but an aftermarket upgrade. I'm not sure the true original is adjustable is it?

You're not wrong, the original is not adjustable.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT