Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #102947

Just a quick one my hand brake light has never worked since I have had the car I did start to look into but had no luck, when hand brake is pulled up no light comes on any ideas??????? could it be as simple as the bulb has gone ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sherwood0_8.

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #102956

Wish mine would turn off! Light stays on when brake off...push it down a tad and it goes off but go over a few bumps on the road and light comes back on... :bang:

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #102957

There is a simple push button type switch attached to the handbrake.When the handbrake is lowered the lever pushes the switch down to knock off the light.

Flickering usually means that the handbrake cables need a little tightening. But check your brake fluid level too as the light also acts as low fluid warning.

No light could be the bulb, but it could also be the switch has jammed in the down position. This happened to me and when I investigated the switch's internal spring had collapsed.

You can see the switch by removing the gaiter.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, sherwood0_8

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103033

Freeystyle i read a mod on the how to the other day telling you how to fix that problem. it looked very easy and no messing with the handbrake adjustment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freestyle

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103034

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freestyle

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103105

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
If the dash light isn't working you may not get low fluid warning. I'd test that the float operates the lamp. Ignition on, remove cap and float, check light comes on.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freestyle, sherwood0_8

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103136

Freeystyle i read a mod on the how to the other day telling you how to fix that problem. it looked very easy and no messing with the handbrake adjustment

Cheers mate... Can you remember where? ;) I need to sort .. It's doing my head in :bang:

Tina

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103137

Last edit: Post by Freestyle.

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103145

had the same prob last wk,it the switch on the handbrake lever u can access it by removing the centre consel its held in position by screws loosen screws and the switch its self is ajustable moved mine up about 3 mil and it sorted it,also check your brake fluid level and top up,this makes light stay on also,hope that helps,paul...... just to had screws are pain to get at.good luck

Hand brake light 11 years 2 months ago #103157

Yep, good advice. :welcome2:
David

Hand brake light 9 years 6 months ago #150974

Update!

On removing the hand brake gator today the switch had totally come off the handbrake mechanism and was wedged down the side of the tunnel after a lot of messing round trying to fish it out I got it re- attached and working and its only taken me
1 year 7 months to figure out and fix Naughty :spank: !!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT