Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 11 years 5 months ago #81111

My blowers were working fine when I retrofitted AC earlier this year, however my blower stopped working on settings 1 & 2.

I bought a rezpax repair kit which consisted of 3x coil resistors to replace the old ones. I also bought a knackered heater resistor pack so I could do a nice quick swap. Sadly, either they're different between the F and TF, or I was sent the wrong one.

On a non-AC car, if you take the glove box out, you can get access easily enough to the 2x screws which hold the resistor pack in.

On an AC car, the evaporator is in the way.

Here's how I got access without taking the dash out, or de-pressurising the AC system.

Remove the air intake box under the bonnet (This is lots easier if you've got the later 'snorkal' type - I'd recommend fitting one of these to prevent swimming pools in the footwell)

This will give you access to the air intake duct which is secured by 4x screws and a nut - you should be able to see 2x screws.

Remove the glove box. On the lefthand side you should see 2x screws holding the intake duct in. The final nut is in the top left of the evaporator unit assembly.

You should be able to remove the duct which will give you easy access to the heater resistor screws through the bulkhead from the front bay.

Replace/Repair the unit and re-fit - the soldering is pretty straight forward, although it helps if you have a de-soldering gun to remove all the old solder.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, pandrew3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 11 years 5 months ago #81138

Invalid or non-existent item ID.hi thanks for the guide as i will be doing mine shortly,1 and two also not working it says in the listing they are the same ??

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 11 years 5 months ago #81144

The resistors themselves are the same, but the plastic casing with the connector moulded in appears to be different between the f/tf (or I was sent the wrong one!)

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 7 years 6 months ago #172414

The resistors themselves are the same, but the plastic casing with the connector moulded in appears to be different between the f/tf (or I was sent the wrong one!)

The MGF/TF one is the same but they are different to the ZR/ZS one.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 7 years 6 months ago #172415

Holy thread revival, Batman! :woo2:
David
:shrug:

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 7 years 6 months ago #172416

the original car is probably bean tins by now lol :dry: :woowoo:

Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 6 years 4 months ago #182241

Hi, this info was a big help, I thought and was told that all the air con had to be removed! so glad I found your post. Took an hour and posted it on mgf register facebook.
all the best

Paul Thomson

Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 6 years 4 months ago #182281

Hi and welcome to the forum Paul

Pop up an introduction thread and tell us a bit more about yourself.

James

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 4 years 2 months ago #192499

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
Revived once more! :woohoo: Thanks for this, John. It's been a huge help :broon:

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 4 years 2 months ago #192507

Revived once more! :woohoo: ……….

Which, the thread or yourself?

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 4 years 2 months ago #192508

When I retro fitted A/C in my car I relocated the resistor pack to just after the evaporator so easier to access and kept ice cold. On the inside of the AC inlet there is a square flat area that looks it was originally intended for this purpose.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tui

Re: Heater Blower Resistor Replacement (On an AC Car) 4 years 2 months ago #192517

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Revived once more! :woohoo: ……….

Which, the thread or yourself?

Both!!

-=Visit my Website!=-
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds