Sign In   Register

Topic

Clay Bar Part Two.... 2 shiny English Ladies..... 11 years 8 months ago #60532

Nice job John i'll pm you my address for my lil f now that your an expert cheers mate :beer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Clay Bar Part Two.... 2 shiny English Ladies..... 11 years 8 months ago #60567

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I will gladly supervise and offer encouragement from the comfort of my deckchair Paul. My consultancy rates are 20 Bensons and 4 Stella per hour. :)
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Clay Bar Part Two.... 2 shiny English Ladies..... 11 years 8 months ago #60569

:lol: Mint job John. :broon:

I'll be pinching those pics later to update the claying guide. Got any more? :yesnod:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Clay Bar Part Two.... 2 shiny English Ladies..... 11 years 8 months ago #60577

Very nice job, John. You've got almost exactly the same combination as us although in our case my wife's X-Type is an Estate.

Was your X-Type made in Coventry? I thought they were all built up on Merseyside in the plant that now makes the Freelander 2 and Evoke. I joke about having two great British cars both made in the "wrong" place. :)
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Last edit: Post by andy1970h.

Clay Bar Part Two.... 2 shiny English Ladies..... 11 years 8 months ago #60580

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Yep, one of the last Coventry models.

Leigh: Wish I'd known you wanted more pics! I did try before and after pics, but although the difference was plain visually, I couldn't get the effect on camera. If you have any specific questions let me know. I'm sure there are folk on here with more experience, but my 'learn as you go' experience may be handy!

Tip: A mixture of rainwater (no shortage of) and detailing spray works well while barring!
The main difference I noted was that the metallic finishes of both cars shines through now.
Also easier to leather to a streak free finish. (........sounds like a JML advert!!)

And of course, this morning.....it's peeing down with mega-puddles everywhere. :bang:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Clay Bar Part Two.... 2 shiny English Ladies..... 11 years 8 months ago #60581

well done john.

nothing more therapeutic than a bar of clay

Sat here waiting for some nice weather to give Mr monty his holiday clean, he is one swine of a colour to keep looking nice

Clay Bar 11 years 8 months ago #60652

Having had the car repainted recently iam happy with the finish to a degree but would love a deeper shine would clay bar help with this,the cars silver and i maybe wrong doesnt seem to be the best colour to get the finish darker colours get.When the car is cleaned and polished it feels smooth to the touch which i thought that was the idea of clay to get a smooth surface?

Clay Bar 11 years 8 months ago #60655

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Clay bar removes build ups of wax and any crap trapped under and in it. If the respray is recent there probably wouldnt be a lot of advantage. On our blue ,etallic cars, the metallic effect was much better after claying.

I'd suggest maybe do a wing or a door with clay, apply a good wax and then check out against other body panels to see if there is a noticable difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cp53

Clay Bar 11 years 8 months ago #60658

The following user(s) said Thank You: cp53

Clay Bar 11 years 8 months ago #60659

Its hard to judge from pictures but I would think for one min that you would need to clay bar a new paint job. If you paint job doesn't compare to other cars of same or near same colour maybe the finish isn't as good as it could be. Get an independent opinion on it and they may even give you some advice on what's best to use.

Clay Bar 11 years 8 months ago #60665

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Having had the car repainted recently iam happy with the finish to a degree but would love a deeper shine would clay bar help with this,the cars silver and i maybe wrong doesnt seem to be the best colour to get the finish darker colours get.When the car is cleaned and polished it feels smooth to the touch which i thought that was the idea of clay to get a smooth surface?

Mirror Glaze gives a good shine, but for a deep one you need to wax wax and wax and build it up :broon:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by .

Clay Bar 11 years 8 months ago #60667

Wow that car shines,so how much waxing has that taken to get a finish like that ?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT