Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Aftermarket steering wheel 6 years 7 months ago #179384

Anyone fitted an aftermarket steering wheel to their mgf's??

What would the mot issue be with the airbag deleted?

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Aftermarket steering wheel 6 years 7 months ago #179385

Was the airbag was an option in the UK?........If so, then how would any official busybody know if it came with one or not?
What they don't know won't worry them!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Aftermarket steering wheel 6 years 7 months ago #179388

The air bag was standard in the UK. I think if it's simply disconnected the SRS light will come on and that will probably result in a MOT failure. However the MGOC sells an aftermarket Momo wheel that required the airbag to be removed - I guess the SRS needs to be reprogrammed so that the light does not come on (you may just get away with removing the bulb but a thorough tester would probably check that it illuminates then goes out. Here is some stuff from the government on what's checked in the test:

2.6 Seatbelts
The vehicle will be inspected to check that:

the mandatory seatbelts are in place
they are suitable for the vehicle
they are in a good condition
they work properly
they are attached securely
The malfunction indicator lamps (MILs) or dashboard warning lights will be checked for the:

air bags
seatbelt pretensioners (which remove the slack from a seatbelt in the event of a collision)
seatbelt load limiters (which release a small amount of belt when it’s too tight)
2.7 Seats
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT