Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169771

Having more or less completed installing the A/C I have a few bits left over.

They include
Condenser rad
Drier and switch
Pipe work (some complete, some are the ends but it should be possible to get complete ones made up from these).

I am offering them for free but collection only from RH12 (or possibly RH10) and I need them gone ASAP.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169812

Hi,
fitted A/C to my TF just over one year ago and still nice and ice cold, weather warming up over in Spain now 35.today what a god send it all works fine. :clap:

Regards Tommy

Re:Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169830

I'm just curious when would you want to use an airco in a cabrio? I can't see the benefits but my mg is not my daily drive...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Re:Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169831

Air con is short for air conditioning, not air cooling.
Part of the process dries the air as it comes through the dash ventilation system so on a damp day when you turn on the A/C to clear the windscreen you are blasting dry air on to it.
As a convertible is inherently damper than a traditional tin top it is more likely to have condensation on the windscreen on a cold morning.

The system on the MGF also adds a second cooling fan and both fans can be switched on by turning on the air con, ok, the air you draw through the radiator is warmed by the air passing through the A/C condenser but you do get a way of turning them on in an emergency.

On a hot day in southern Europe it is great to turn it on and pump cold air at your feet or face.

It is a satisfying DIY project to complete.

Re:Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169856

Hi 48 years old and no hair but wife has loads but when it's 35+ and top down boy do you roast so that's why i fitted A/C tried roof down for one summer and car was not driveable .
Tommy.

Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169934

Really muggy day today and periods of rain every 20 mins or so, but hot and sticky....soooo nice to just put the A/C on and leave the roof up as I would be putting the thing up and down all day....the chilled dry air is great when you need it...also my car de-ices in winter so much quicker with the A/C on!
I maybe wouldn't bother fitting it if my car did not have it, but since it was factory fitted, it was one other reason why I picked my TF over others when I bought it last year!

Sundance

Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169942

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
As nobody has jumped in, I'll take them James, Probably can't pick up until next weekend though.

Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169946

I can drop them off the next time I'm down to see my grand children, probably Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

Air con parts give away. 7 years 9 months ago #169949

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Perfect

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT