Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Claimed - Sony CDX-GT50UI Head unit and RC - FREE 7 years 10 months ago #168242

• Hammy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hammy
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
It's going to sit there gathering dust. So would rather offer this free to any F/TF owner, just pay postage or collect yourself :)

Having recently replaced the Sony head unit in my TF with a new Sony head unit with bluetooth, I thought I may as well sell the old one.

It was in the car when I got it last year and the previous owner ahd installed it 3 months earlier.

You can find the manual here: Sony Support

It's as new, not a mark on it, has the frame, perfect working condition with remote control. The loom is on the back and it really is just plug and play into the MG loom - stick it in slot and off you go. It has front USB and Aux socket and the rubber USB cover is there too. On the back it has an inbuilt ipod cable which is extra long. This fits the previous ipod/iphone and up to the new smaller plug there is now.

The front cover pops off for security also.

No idea how much registered postage will cost, but can't be that much, £5 or £6 I reckon.

Message me if interested.
Pictures:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Sony CDX-GT50UI Head unit and RC - FREE 7 years 10 months ago #168245

• Hammy
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
OK, it's gone to a fellow member now :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars, cairnsys, Bertl

Claimed - Sony CDX-GT50UI Head unit and RC - FREE 7 years 10 months ago #168258

Hi H,
Which Sony head did you fit? I'm looking to go that route myself, but was worried about the plugs / connectors, as had read the factory systems were Kenwood.

Claimed - Sony CDX-GT50UI Head unit and RC - FREE 7 years 10 months ago #168259

• Hammy
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
Evening Sir..

I fitted this one: http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/dsx-a500bd

It's really very good and works a dream with Android with it's own music library, google play or spotify. Similarly works just the same with iPhone... it also stores your phone book. You have to fit a DAB aerial though...I got one that fits through the a pillar and sticks to the screen discreetly around the rear view mirror. Well, I say I got one, I still haven't fitted it yet, got lazy :whistle:

The loom is pretty much universal with the plugs. It really was as simple as unplugging and plugging in. If however, your's has been changed, Halfords sell a huge range of converter cables ready wired up.

But I doubt you will have any issues.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT