Last edit: Post by .

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167624

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167627

I'd need to see around £600 to make the deal viable if anyone would be interested at that?. The car is in Mid-Wales, I'll get some pictures today for anyone interested.
I haven't posted in the for sale section as it isn't a done deal yet, I just need to know if it's worth doing before I commit.

Hello boyo and welcome. :)

So let's get this straight.

1. You want to know if someone will buy the car for 600 quid and then you'll do the tlc work, for the buyer, yourself.?

2. Or, you want someone to buy it off you for £600 as their own project, to sort out themselves?

3. You regularly get messed about on fleabay. What's your ebay account name?

4. It's a wet car.

*Moved to the for sale section. If someone wants it they'll be sure to let you know here. Good luck. :)

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167631

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167633

All I wanted to know was is it worth £600 as it stands to anyone, As I said I haven't got time to do the work, Looks like another TF for the crusher if it's worth more in bits. oh well I did try!

That's ultimately your choice. I'm simply trying to get a clearer picture of what's for sale here.

If someone bought it off you, they'd have to do this 'TLC' work and the mot themselves then? Would you able to do that work for them at all? Would you be able to mot it before the sale?

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167634

All I wanted to know was is it worth £600 as it stands to anyone, As I said I haven't got time to do the work myself, Looks like another TF for the crusher if it's worth more in bits. I'd almost forgotten why I stopped using car forums, now I remember...

Mate, you joined tonight with your 3 wet car pics in your first post. You may or may not be entirely genuine. Give us your ebay name so that we can substantiate your story. That might be a good starting point. ;)

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167635

Greetings MG boys and girls, I'm a painter/panel beater and have been offered a 2003 MG TF 135 in liew of work I've done, It's sliver, done 91k with full history including head gasket replacement at an ex MG Rover dealer at 62k. It drives well but could do with some tlc to the bodywork, mainly the front and rear edges of the sills and a small poor repair to the n/s 1/4 panel. The hood is great and has a heated glass window. Normally I'd have this in the paint shop and do the work on it between other jobs however our first baby is due in 7 weeks and I've got too much to do before then as it is. The car is m.o.t'd until the end of may and the advisories for the last m.o.t were slight corrosion on the subframes and brake pipes. I was wondering if it's worth me having the car and would anyone on here be interested in taking it on as a project?. A local dismantler has shown interest as he has a Freelander owner after an engine and has broke these for good money in the past. Having been raised with Austin Rover in my blood and having owned more Metro's than I care to mention I'd hate to see this car sacrificed to keep a poor mans Range Rover on the road :doh: I could put it on Ebay but I've been messed around so many times on there I'm reluctant to go down that route. I'd need to see around £600 to make the deal viable if anyone would be interested at that?. The car is in Mid-Wales, I'll get some pictures today for anyone interested.
I haven't posted in the for sale section as it isn't a done deal yet, I just need to know if it's worth doing before I commit.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. :broon:

The fact that you've removed the pics after only a couple of questions is quite interesting. Why would you do that? Have you decided not to try and sell it here now?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtftone

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167636

Evans81, if you ever come back, I'd be interested in getting some answers to those questions and I'll probably have a few more for you as well. Until then, let me be the first to :welcome: you to the T-Bar. :hugs:

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167637

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good god I'm wasting my time I can see, £600 for a car and you want the work doing and an m.o.t??? I've spent more than that on a set of tyres ffs!

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167639

I think he is asking for clarity, that's all.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167642

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I thought my post was quite clear, I can't understand why he moved it to the for sale section when I stated it isn't my car, all I wanted to know is can I take the car in liew of an unpaid job and get close to £600 for it as it stands....

Anyone after a TF needing tlc, *not head gasket* 7 years 10 months ago #167643

Good god I'm wasting my time I can see, £600 for a car and you want the work doing and an m.o.t??? I've spent more than that on a set of tyres ffs!

I said this..

Would you able to do that work for them at all? Would you be able to mot it before the sale?

I take it now that you wouldn't. :)

I'd like to see some good pics of the work that needs doing if you can find the time for that?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT