Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Steptronic question 4 years 2 months ago #192298

• Harry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Where can I buy a new Steptronic dipstick?

Mine is breaking apart and one from a wreckers (you call them scrappies or breakers I think) that I got recently is almost as bad.

Also........

What is The correct level for the Steptronic fluid? I can’t find anything in my owners manual. Some items on the forum don’t mention if it is measured hot or cold and others say it should be hot with the engine running after running up and down through the gears just before.

Any definitive advice would be welcomed.

To date I have measured exactly what I drained out during the refill and replaced exactly the same amount. When cold and engine not running it is about 12mm above the dipstick high mark.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Steptronic question 4 years 2 months ago #192299

Hi! Are you the Brian in South Australia who bought one of my Low Coolant Alarm kits? Welcome aboard.

Is this ? the part you are looking for? Rimmer says that it is no longer available but I think you might find one elsewhere online who will ship to Australia. MGFnTFBITZ are probably worth a try.

MGFnTFBITZ

Steptronic question 4 years 2 months ago #192303

• Harry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Yes I am THE Brian

Your kit is working really well and I love the little ‘cheep’ every time I start up to assure me it’s still on board

I have only had one transient utterance going fast uphill on a right handed so very happy

I’ll try your link. Thanks

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT