Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi from the Dengie 4 years 5 months ago #191695

Hi All,

I have had my TF 135 for several months now and what great fun it has been.

Now winter is on its way it's time to get some of the bigger jobs underway, the most pressing at the moment being a squealing alternator belt.

I have been following CJJs guide on removing the alternator but cannot get the bolts undone. Is it just a case of lots of Plus Gas and brute strength or is there a better technique?? I am worried that I might sheer off the bolts. The alternator is working fine and I will probably replace the bar with an adjustable one

Any help much appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi from the Dengie 4 years 5 months ago #191699

I've not had this problem but I know that a few folks on here have had one of the bolts shear off . Might have been the top one . The problem is that the bolts are plated steel and they are in aluminium threads ......steel reacts against the aluminium. They can be ' bone jarringly tight' , mine were but you just need decent tools to tackle the job .....and a bowl of porridge to give you strength ! :bust:
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seymour Klearly

Hi from the Dengie 4 years 5 months ago #191701

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hi from the Dengie 4 years 5 months ago #191705

Hi and welcome to the forum

Keep us posted on your progress.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hi from the Dengie 4 years 5 months ago #191708

:welcome:

Hi from the Dengie 4 years 5 months ago #191712

Hi and welcome. Breaker bar for me every time. Try tighten it first, just a couple of mm and then try to loosen it without tugging at it. That's the process I go through every time. Most of the time it works for me unless it's in an area that's prone to dampness.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT