Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 4 weeks ago #44174

Another great guide Adam. Nicely done. :broon:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 3 weeks ago #44188

Well done Adam!!

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 3 weeks ago #44249

Thanks all.. noticed this has magically moved to my guides section anyway! LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Remove a door card to get at a stuck lock. 12 years 3 weeks ago #44280

Nice one, hope I never have to use it ;)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 3 weeks ago #44308

Passenger Door Lock Jammed - Unlocking a deadlocked passenger door.

I've set the guide to go straight to the pictures of how you solved this problem Adam and added 'solved' to the title as it helps people searching for a resolution to the same issue. God forbid if it ever happens to them. :lol:

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 3 weeks ago #44312

With the later Pektron BCU equipped cars this can happen as a result of the central locking relay failing. A WAMGOC member with a 2005 car had this and couldnt sort it until the relay was suggested. Replacement is the same as any relay in that unit and you can buy them off of Ebay from the .org member who is the expert. Now I know he sources a better component I would just change the lot while the PCB is on the bench.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 11 months ago #118046

Hi all,
Had this problem on mine last week and after looking through the various forums and horror stories contained within I was not relishing the thought of smashing off the door lock from the inside as this may have been the worse case scenario I was facing.
On further investigation and part removal of the inner door skin, I was looking at the door lock mechanism and operating the central locking and sure enough, the lock was trying to open but as mentioned previously by others, the lock button on the door would pop up momentarily then go back down into the locked position.
In my case the solution was not immediately apparent but after operating the locks and the outer and inner handles and trying to free off the door, this is what I noticed:

1. The lock was trying to open but something was preventing this.
2. After removing the outer weather strip from the top of the door and looking into the lock, it was apparent that the outer door handle mechanism linkage was partially seized and not allowing the main lock mechanism to fully reset (just like if you try to operate the central locking in the pi**ing rain with an impatient passenger pulling on the door handle at the same time!).
3. I manually reset the mechanism by pulling up the lock linkage and operated the central locking 'et voila' the door came open!
4. A few squirts of GT85 (WD40 in a different guise) on the inner workings of the outer door handle and operating it to free it off, the system was sorted and now works every time!

NOW....... It IS possible to do this without removing the inner door panel and either breaking it or the clips that hold it by simply:

1. Roll down the window
2. Remove the outer door weather strip
3. Use a piece of stiff wire/coathanger to hook around the linkage from the outer door handle to the door lock mechanism
4. Pull upwards to reset the lock mechanism
5. Operate the central locking
6. Open the door!
7. Spray liberally with WD40 and operate the handle to free it off
8. Spray any other connections/linkages at the same time

This may not work on a completely failed system but it worked for me and saved me a few quid too, I guess!!
Hope this helps at least one person out!!

Peds
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, snoopyhill

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 11 months ago #118049

Great tips! Just goes to show you it's worth investigating a bit as it could be one of several reasons for a failed lock.

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 7 months ago #125825

Brilliant thread thanks felas. I've got my passenger side door lock playing up as well (not locking when the key fob is pushed). When I get the car down here from home I'll try some of these suggestions and see if they result in a working locking mechanism. Of note, is the fact that the passenger door lock (left hand side in Oz) is blanked off. The previous owner mumbled something about the lock when I picked the car up and commented on the left side not locking. My car is a 04 160 Coupe, so my question is, does the passenger side lock accept a key or is it blanked off?
Thanks for any info and best wishes all.

Ken

Last edit: Post by Baytown.

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 7 months ago #125852

On all cars with remote central locking the passenger side lock is blanked off. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT