Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43476

Hmmm when Madam broke down I told the AA guy if there was one single mark on her I would sue, and quoted duty of care, I think it was my tone rather than the threat that got her there unmarked ;)

There must be some sort of car lock smith that you can call ?

Trouble is that there is no external cylinder to drill, you need to get inside the door by taking the door card off (which is almost impossible with a closed door) to destroy the Flipping double locked lock. i think it may well be seat out first :rant: :rant:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43482

Hmmm when Madam broke down I told the AA guy if there was one single mark on her I would sue, and quoted duty of care, I think it was my tone rather than the threat that got her there unmarked ;)

There must be some sort of car lock smith that you can call ?

Trouble is that there is no external cylinder to drill, you need to get inside the door by taking the door card off (which is almost impossible with a closed door) to destroy the Flipping double locked lock. i think it may well be seat out first :rant: :rant:

That's what I'm thinking as no room to work otherwise!

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43484

It's a bad time, I know. But don't forget the pics for the how to. :whistle:

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43490

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you do a "How too, Not too" as well please :unsure:

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43492

Can you do a "How too, Not too" as well please :unsure:

Sailing a bit close to the wind with that one!!!!! :coat:

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43493

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Not as bad as Leigh asking for Pictures of the "How too" :whistle:

Besides it's something I really would not like to "Have too" I never realised the implications before :ohmy:

Can the car still be used with that door locked :-?

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43509

Adam,

Have you tried to connect small bore tubing to silicon lubricant can and hose the lock with it from going down from the top. I know the internals may be knackered but if you can just get enough function to release the superlock. just and idea but my lock was erratic so i got the door card off and blasted it with Silicon and it worked better for a while ( i did end up changing it as the silicon washed out and it started making machine gun noises again. Maybe a case for a metal coathanger and thin tube.

BTW i have a spare passenger lock in my garage which you can have FOC as i got it free. PM me with and address if you want it.

N
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 2 weeks ago #43510

Adam,

Have you tried to connect small bore tubing to silicon lubricant can and hose the lock with it from going down from the top. I know the internals may be knackered but if you can just get enough function to release the superlock. just and idea but my lock was erratic so i got the door card off and blasted it with Silicon and it worked better for a while ( i did end up changing it as the silicon washed out and it started making machine gun noises again. Maybe a case for a metal coathanger and thin tube.

BTW i have a spare passenger lock in my garage which you can have FOC as i got it free. PM me with and address if you want it.

N

I'll give it a go... have to stay away from it a few days or I may smash it to bits in my anger methinks! Thansk for the lock offer , but the annoying thing is I have the porginal lock - just didn't think to swap them over when I changed the door! :nonod:

Oh and I'll try and remember some pics for a How To!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bryan young, Tourbillon, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 week ago #44041

OK sun is out so I'm going in........ wish me luck!

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 week ago #44042

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Good luck ..
Remember keep calm and don't stress ;)

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT