Sign In   Register

Topic

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 11 years 1 month ago #101488

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You seem the one in the best position to tell us. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 11 years 1 month ago #101489

Also worth noting Luckymarine is doing exchange poly torque tamer shackles ( poly only for the big bush so far)
David
:shrug:

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 11 years 1 month ago #101500

Ok. I'll do the work :-) once I get the MOT out of the way.

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 11 years 1 month ago #102553

I love to dig up an old thread :broon:
I have the engine mounts from a rover 200, polybushed. Anyone know if these will fit my f? I'm sure I could pull them off to have a look, but the moto build site ones look very similar, though they are a different price.

Moto-build have changed the bushes from the ones that Clive got. the big bushes are yellow and the small one is black and uses large penny washers as spacers each side. I think they were for Rover engine mounts by Superflex ?? I need to look at the box :coat:

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131080

I bought the yellow / black set from Motobuild and although the black bush fits fine the yellow bush is very sloppy in the bracket...after measuring both the yellow bush is 1mm OD smaller than the ID of the bracket...even with the metal tube fitted...56mm OD vs 57mm ID.

Anyone else experienced this or is this another potential difference in the later Chinese MGTFs?

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131087

Dunno, i have just bought the same kit but haven't stripped the old arm yet to measure, will post when i do.

TB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fatbaldingoldgit

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131117

This is the reply I received from Motobuild...

Hello there, I wouldn't worry, when you put the sleeve through it will expand slightly, but more important is if you see how much movement there is in the standard bush, then the very slight difference in the new bush will not allow any relative movement in the engine and box.
I sell hundreds of these and there has never been a problem, just bolt it all up it will be fine.
Thanks
Darryl

I'm not happy about this...having a firmer bush which clearly flops about in its housing even when the sleeve is fitted isn't going to predictably control engine torque..is it?
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131140

As per their reply.. Once the sleeve goes in it should be tight.

Had no issues with my kit from them.. Although I didn't use the yellow bush.. As I got the Vibratechnics kit
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131141

I'll measure my yellow bush.. Gimme an hour..

Can't see it being different to yours though
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fatbaldingoldgit

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131142

Once the sleeve goes in it's not tight....I can lift up the bracket and the bush falls out.. That can't be right...

I pointed this out to Daryl last night and he replied...

"I have found that some Lotus Elise bushes are larger and we do a superflex one that is a bit bigger, I will get one of these in for you, that will do the job.
Darryl"

I'll provide feedback once I've got it and test fitted..

At the back of my mind I wonder if the later MGTFs have a slightly larger diameter bracket..only thing I can think of unless DD and TB can confirm they have issues with the yellow bush as well..
- Frank Zappa

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131153

Sorry for the delay

56mm.. Without the sleeve in

Torque Tamer bushes. - How to Fit. 10 years 5 months ago #131154

At the back of my mind I wonder if the later MGTFs have a slightly larger diameter bracket..only thing I can think of unless DD and TB can confirm they have issues with the yellow bush as well..

Are you sure the bracket you have is a TF one?

I think I may have a spare kicking about

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT