Sign In   Register

Topic

My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167784

Here are my other cars... my 1990 MX5 Eunos that I spent two years restoring from the ground up...my other two rides behind it...

Here it is next to my TF... it's dinky in comparison

My daily - CItroen C3 Picasso Exclusive. Brilliant car.... I'm a bit of a French car fan myself and love Citroens.

...and finally, our CItroen C3 hatch.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167810

Brilliant to own a mx5 and a mgf! Or you are someone that cannot make up his mind big time !!! ;-) I sat in the new mx5 for it might be a successor of my car in ten to twenty years from now. But f*ck, I am too large. I simply don't fit in it !!!!! So i must save big bucks for a jag f-type i fear...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Re:My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167818

there is a lad around the corner who has a Mk1 MX5 in a similar state to my F (we call it "lived-in"!) and we like to take the mick out of each other.

Nice looking cars but I am a sucker for pop-up headlights!

My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167820

I've had a couple of MX5's - recently sold a MK3, but I like the original Mk1 - yes, those pop-up lights are lovely :). I'm not in a dilema about mx5 or MG. Truth be told, I ahve always wanted an MGF/TF. I've had MX5's for the pat 6 years... this red one was competely stripped and rebuilt and resprayed. It's also a completely different animal to the MG, the driving dynamics are like chalk and cheese... as such, it took me a while to get used to the MG.

What I really want is an original MGF Abingdon...don't mind if it needs work as that is what I enjoy rebuilding/restoring. Having said that, the red 5 above has the whole interior stripped - just seats, steering wheel, gear stick and some dials. It's raw, loud, weighs as much as a dry duster and is great fun to drive. The MG on the other hand is much more refined...

Yes, the new MX5 ND is a little tight, I'm not sure I like it yet, have driven two and really not liking the steering feel - to be honest, the lack of it. SOmething that I would also criticise my MG for too, sadly.

My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167955

Hi All

Before I started driving I bought an old series 2 Landrover 1961 diesel, I still have it, 30 years on (though it is in need of a new cylinder head at the moment).
After a 2nd repaint it should look better again:

After putting two Landrovers back on the road I fancied a 101 forward control, but being very strapped for cash had to look elsewhere.
This is when another 101" of a sort came up.
In need of total restoration, but very different, a Chevrolet C15 .

These vehicles were built for the British Army in world war 2 by Canada. After Dunkirk we were left with virtually nothing (including vehicles), the Canadians were asked if they could come up with a family of vehicles based on the Bedford MW chassis. The CMP (Canadian Military Pattern) trucks were born.
The C15 (and the 4x4 C15a) are built on a 101" wheelbase (as was the little Bedford MW), the same wheelbase & cab over engine layout was later chosen for the Military Forward Control Landrover.
The Chevy was named "Winnie" while in military service (it is still scratched into the steering wheel) & is painted in North Africa camouflage (was a bit of sand paint on it), complete with an RAF roundel on the roof.
In the Desert ALL vehicle were painted sand colour, so it was common for aircraft to attack any convoy that they did not know were there own, hence the roof marking.
Though if you were quick enough to cover it you could wave at the German (or Italian) aircraft & ,if lucky, pretend you were on their side & avoid an attack.
The truck has a 3.5l straight six petrol motor, does 13mpg, can do over 60mph & has a crash gearbox with a center throttle (best remember this during emergency stops!).

I also like Discoveries, had a 1989 V8 (loved the engine, but it was difficult to get past a petrol station without having to re-fill it!), now have a 1996 300tdi (until the rust wins).

Then I made another discovery when my missus said she really wanted a convertible, did a search on Ebay & mgf`s popped up.
Looked up all the faults, found that everyone who had had one loved them, then found a local one very cheaply with a hard top.
Needed a front wing, rear window & some paintwork, but missus delighted, found out later it was the VVC, went like a bat out of hell!! (especially compared to what I was used too).
Never ever got to drive it though.

So I bought another one.
Not a VVC, but not that much slower.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, mowog73, cairnsys, Hammy

My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167994

Great looking D1, identical to mine except for the colour, mine's Rioja Red and is a Japan export, imported to Canada a couple years ago.
Mark
95 MGF

My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #168037

My other car is a very rare Renault Grand Espace 3.5 v6 running 280+ bhp!

I had a phase 2 Espace 2.8 V6, it was only 135 bhp when we rolling roaded it but was great fun and I used it more than once to wind up more powerful cars.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

My other cars are 7 years 3 weeks ago #176791

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
collected an Opel/Vauxhall Corsa last weekend :rofl:

daughter's first own car
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Re:RE: My other cars are 7 years 2 weeks ago #176844

I have bought this last year. And surprise.... it's built in england !

Really love this car. Great fun in the snow. All others needed tot hassle with chains. I just drove away.. :)

My other cars are 6 years 10 months ago #178547

Not been on forums for a while but still have my 96 F a 1971 Rover 3500 P6 and a 99 LWB Shogun
Thank You
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: Removing duplicate photos - bandwidth.

My other cars are 6 years 9 months ago #179008

My other car (the daily workhorse) is a Rover 75 diesel tourer. This has covered over 210 thousand miles and is on the second clutch, but original engine and gearbox. The wife has a Hyundai ix20, which I am allowed to drive when it needs diesel or the MOT!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, stevew

Last edit: Post by Steve7811.

My other cars are 6 years 7 months ago #180099

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
collected today:

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/