Sign In   Register

Topic

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155415

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, martin_bmth, Argen69

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155416

It's actually rather good.. All the best bits of 7 and 8 combined.
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155420

There were some good bits in 8? (Googling 'Window 8 is rubbish gives 'About 2,390,000 results'!)
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155427

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Only 2,390,000? Did you have the swear filter on?

Re:Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155437

8 is just misunderstood... Its better at memory management and is smoother. Its just jarring moving to the metro interface.

Re:Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155438

Having read the bbc report on windows10, it looks like they've made it do most of what iOS and to a lesser extent Android have been doing for years.

I may take advantage of the free upgrade, if my PC can cope with it but I don't think my next PC is going to be windows based tbh.
Robin ;)

Re:Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155441

The good news is a free upgrade from windows 8, the bad news is how long it's going to be before it's available.

Windows 8 is misunderstood :yesnod: . I understood it was an improvement on windows 7.
David
:shrug:

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155443

Looking forward to my free upgrade.http://news.microsoft.com/windows10story/

I love my pc I'm always upgrading and adding to it and it's best platform for gaming and all the other stuff I do(torrents are still the best way for me to watch my favourite shows).

Windows 8 is pants I set my rig to boot up in desktop mode with no password(hate the tiles grrrrrrr) If you really want the start button back on 8 try http://www.classicshell.net/

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155445

The problem is that the metro bits will keep trying to re-introduce themselves. like you move the cursor from the left quickly and the side bar pops up! :bang:
David
:shrug:

Re:Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155446

8 is just misunderstood... Its better at memory management and is smoother. Its just jarring moving to the metro interface.

Imagine a new MG with uprated engine and no more HGF... great sign me up :woohoo: But wait, the steering wheel has been replaced with a lever to turn left and a dial to turn right, and every time you operate the wipers the bonnet pops open blocking your view of the road :bang: . That's Windows 8.

The biggest problems still remaining in Windows 8 were flagged as soon as the first developer previews came out. I tried it back then and straight away realised it was going to be a crock. Microsoft chose to ignore that feedback, or had gone too far down the wrong road to turn back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155460

There were some good bits in 8? (Googling 'Window 8 is rubbish gives 'About 2,390,000 results'!)

Elvis is alive get 9.3 million hits. What's your point?

:hgf:
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Last edit: Post by thatone1967.

Windows 10 9 years 2 months ago #155465

I'm one of the 2,390,000.
Never did like Elvis.
What's your point?
Me, I use my PC for work, and I prefer it to do what I want it to do rather than what Microsoft thinks I want it to do.
And isn't a free upgrade something of an admission?
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT