Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155357

Bought my new VVC, got her on the trailer to bring her home, folded the roof down and...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

So wheres the best place to get a replacement? Theres a couple of people on ebay that say you post us your old one and they fit a new screen and post it back, one is £40 + P&P the other is £50 + P&P. While the car is in the workshop having the head gasket repaired now is the time to do it but do you guys have any experience of these sellers or can recommend anyone?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155358

Did you unzip the rear or just fold the hood down?
Just interested as I am always waiting for this in cold weather.
Probably second most common problem after HGF

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155359

I wasnt there when it happened but i believe the seller just whacked the roof down and then gave a guilty face.

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155361

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
You could take the opportunity and get a glass one instead , mgmaina on here do them

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155362

Was just going to post the same advice. :yesnod: If you can afford it - go glass! It transforms the car IMHO. No more worries about dropping the roof in cold weather, and you can see out of it too. Bonus!
David
:shrug:

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155363

Forum members get FREE Anti-Locking Straps as well as free UK delivery: To order Black Mohair Heated Glass Screen Panel pay £185 to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. by PayPal or call 01565 740288 or 07778 149632 to pay by card

All Panels are supplied with the necessary long, black powder coated rivets and CD Video showing the fitting procedure. Watch me fit one in 15 minutes:

Last edit: Post by mgfmania. Reason: Forgot to add price!

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155365

I also recommend the MGFMania glass rear screen - got mine when I changed the red hood and never looked back ... Well actually I look back all the time as it is SO CLEAR now!! LOL

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155368

I too am a fan of the MGFMania glass rear screen. Not only can you see out of the rear and can demist, I think it add class to the look of the car.

Looking at the photo of your cracked screen you do seem to be missing the 'parcel' shelf cover (hood well). I've dispensed with the massive sound deadening as I got fed-up fighting it everytime I wanted to remove the engine cover but I have peeled off the top layer to use as a liner as it cushions the blow a bit when the hood is lowered which is quite important if you go 'glass'.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155373

Surely i also need to buy the relay, wiring and button too dont i?

Re:Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155375

You need the relay for the fuse box under the steering wheel and a switch for the dash. The wiring was fitted at the factory. Dig under the parcel shelf carpet on the passenger side. Ash

Re:Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155376

You need the relay for the fuse box under the steering wheel and a switch for the dash. The wiring was fitted at the factory. Dig under the parcel shelf carpet on the passenger side. Ash

I think MGFMania can supply a relay & switch...cars that have had a hard top tend to have them fitted already so check first!

R
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Broken rear window replacement 9 years 3 months ago #155377

Thanks for all the input guys but £185 is way out of my current budget to be honest. I looked at the rear and one side of the car and thats all i have seen apart from the photos ive been sent, it was sent straight to the garage for the head gasket repair and already the wife is just on my side of the fence with this project without me spending £185 on a window. I think i had better stick to the cheaper plastic one until next year maybe when the old bank balance and her mood has improved a little.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT