Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154488

After buying a set of Rover 800/Freelander stalks 2 months ago finally dug them out as a bored 1/2 hr to spare today, quickly fitted no prob and boy o boy do they look so much better and operate so much firmer......gone is that flimsy cheap feel... :woohoo: :woohoo: good winning bid of £3.50 on ebay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping, bensewell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154492

Hi TJ

I fitted a pair a few months back must admit they are so much better the only thing is I haven't worked out how to get the adjustable speed working on the wipers. I know a few of the boys on here have using various bits of electronic kit but nothing straight forward for a "Luddite"

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154493

I had heard of the mod but never really considered it until I saw a link to it early today, there are several on ebay, although a bit more than £3.50.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154497

was lucky as no one else had bid so i jumped in at last 30 secs, postage was £3 so still cheap.

Re:Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154498

They are a great mod. Had them on Meg for about 5 years now and now on Felix. Only thing is the intermittent... Where's that detail about the mod?

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154503

Intermittant doesn't work I'm afraid,,.................,well it does, but just on one speed, nobody seems to have cracked this yet.

Last edit: Post by mgbv8mike.

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154525

Intermittant doesn't work I'm afraid,,.................,well it does, but just on one speed, nobody seems to have cracked this yet.

Wonder how the R800 managed it? Couldn't we just shoehorn in the wiper controller?

Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154534

I installed a set this summer. They look and feel great, and I also did the wiring mods to get the wash/wipe and one wipe functions working, but
couldn't come up with a fully functioning intermittent. I went over the old how-to's and threads and talked to a couple of the guys that were working on it but no-one seems to have come up with a workable solution yet. :nonod:

Re:Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154538

I'll see if i can make any sense from the R800 workshop manual... Got it somewhere

Re:Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154548

http://mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/DIY/steering/index.htm has a wiring diagram that may help.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncletone

Re:Quick upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #154549

David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncletone

Quick upgrade 9 years 3 months ago #154612

Great mod :broon:
I liked it so much on my old F it was one of the first mods when I got my TF.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT