Sign In   Register

Topic

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154361

Yes, mine was the same, but I got it to fit by removing the nearside mounting plate,, the rubber collar just fits in the hole left there, not pretty, but it's a worker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154367

I'm tempted on a botch of some kind due to the incredibly cheap price i got it for. I'm sure i could get the slam panel altered to fit easier than alloy welding.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154373

That'd be my way of thinking too, lot easier to mod a slam panel than the rad.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Last edit: Post by adamelphick. Reason: edited by mistake instead of quote!

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154385

This is how mine turned out.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154387

That'd be my way of thinking too, lot easier to mod a slam panel than the rad.

Agreed - I think I've got a spare from Fleur round the side of the house somewhere.... done carefully the 2cm offset probably wont even notice - and I am loathed to send the rad back as I'll never get another one as cheap as that with the huge cooling capacity it has!

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154388

This is how mine turned out.

Doesn't look too bad... I am thinking of altering the mount to fit so it looks more 'OEM'

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154392

Looking at that it would be a piece of p!ss (Oz for easy) to just move the mounting plate across the suit the radiator, if you can do that, it's deffo not worth the trouble of trying to move the mounting spigot on the radiator. :broon:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154411

Yes, Cobber I thought about that, but you would have to fill in the visible hole on the nearside.

Perhaps an offset plate would do it, but I decided to live with it...how often do you open the front bonnet anyway ?

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154418

Perhaps an offset plate would do it.

That's what I'm gonna do I think. Expand the hole in the slam panel a bit as the plate will cover the extra gap, and then extend the plate 'sideways'. If I paint the mounts MBB Silver I don't think they'll even show.

My other option is I've Facebook messaged, and emailed, Direnza asking them for a spare 'mount peg' that I can fettle in without having to move the old one - then i can just cut the wrong ones tip off ... you never know.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 3 months ago #154420

Good luck with that...I'm guessing that at the price we paid, they are made many miles from here.

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 2 months ago #155015

Forgot to update this thread!

The supplier gave me £15 back. I suggested the amount as it wasn't too greedy and yet gives me enough for a mod. Direnza don't 'make' them I feel as they said they didn't have any mount pegs to send me.

So what I am gonna do is use my mini cutter to cut an old slam panel so I can move the mount 2cm inwards (and fit the cut out piece in to where is was moved from). I am going to move an entire piece with the mount hole AND the edge of the raised part that kind of 'bends', so when it's welded up - I have loads of welding wire - and sprayed it should look OEM as you probably can't notice it being 2cm inwards on one side.

Chuffed with my refund I plumped for a set of these for £60 delivered:

So that's a new alloy rad and underfloor pipes for £87 all in! :woohoo:

Just picked this up for a song 9 years 2 months ago #155017

Bargain :yesnod:
Robin ;)

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT