Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154055

I have recently had the work completed shown below, however I am suffering a scary steering issue when turning right. more or less around 1 or 2 oclock position.

- wishbones obviously with new bottom ball joints
- NSF top ball joint
- OSF shock absorber (used but approved)
- Front TRE's
- poly bush kit front & rear
- 4 point wheel allignment

TOYO's front & rear with 26psi F and 36psi R

When turning right at the position mentioned above I have the car, what would be described as wobbling left to right. Car is solid going to the left, turning further right than the 1 or 2 oclock position seems to be ok.

Bearings?

Suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154057

I do have a bit of a clunk/creak from the OSF area when going sleeping policeman etc...

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154073

I would guess that something is loose. I would take it back to who did the work. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154084

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Could it be some slack in the steering rack or maybe a faulty steering column?

Assuming the Steering rack is rack and pinion, there could even be a tooth missing or damaged on the rack, leading to a bit of play at that particular point.

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154224

jacked the car up quickly today before heading to work, OSF tyre has some play and on further investigation the top ball joint does have a small split in the gaiter.

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154375

Ok, garage has said that OSF top ball joint and NSF inner tie rod need replaced.

Garage is struggling to obtain a new NSF inner tie rod. Can we still get these from new? Had a quick look via Google and eBay but only had joy with used parts on eBay.

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154378

Ok, garage has said that OSF top ball joint and NSF inner tie rod need replaced.

Garage is struggling to obtain a new NSF inner tie rod. Can we still get these from new? Had a quick look via Google and eBay but only had joy with used parts on eBay.

What's the inner tie rod? Do they mean the Anti roll bar link arm by any chance?
Robin ;)

Steering/Suspension issues 9 years 3 months ago #154379

Track control arm? If so, they only sell the rack complete. If you do replace the rack get the TF rack as it is 'quicker'. It's a straight fit.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT